Friday 20 January 2012

TGIF never sounded so good!  Was at the hospital bright and early.....machine down again so had to go to another unit.  Visited with some new faces and came away feeling grateful that I am better off than many!  Today a really quiet day at home and I am happy for that.  Things have been piling up and I have been pretty much on the go.  Feel a little like I'm running on empty today.  Woke up this morning with some heartburn which I have been told will become a problem for me as time goes on.  Never had that before and was not impressed.  Layed around for an hour and then decided to get up and have my workout.  This is exactly how my Dad would handle things.....work it out!  It actually worked and I felt much better after my session.  Bill and Kelli just snorted!  Just like Mom to think exercise fixes everything....well maybe not everything but it is a pretty good start!  It was enough to motivate the two of them to hit the weight room at the CWC today and got my friend Kathy kick started as well!  Nothing like shaming people into it eh?

Got a fabulous lift today from a good friend in Houston.  She sent me a parcel of "Texas Tears!"  It was like Christmas all over again!  I got a cozy University of Texas Hoodie (most famous of the university teams in Texas), a touque and countless other little treasures.  Even Boomer got a UT chew toy endorsed by Rae's Newfie, Abbie!  I hope you are reading this Rae because you brought a grin to my face today!

Although I would never ever choose to take this journey I am on at the moment, it has truly brought the value of good friends and family to the forefront.  Never underestimate the power of care my friends!  You have made such a difference to me.  To know I have so many people in my corner sending their prayers, positive energy, warm thoughts, gifts of time and gifts of the heart has been truly amazing.  I will owe you all for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment