Friday 27 January 2012

TGIF!!!  AHHH...how I love Fridays.  I am now three weeks into my treatment and although I am weary today I am still not feeling any adverse effects.  Could be the $800 worth of anti nausea meds that I take. Only 12 days 1 hour 30 minutes and 39 seconds left until the treatment phase of this journey is complete!

I remain positive and focussed and want to share an email I received from my friend Kunsang.  As most of you know Geoff, Lindsey, Bill and I spent 6 weeks in Nepal last year.  We loved the people there and did manage to master a few expressions in the  Nepali and Tibetan languages.  When I came back I loved to greet Kunsang with the Tibetan gretting "Tashi Delek"  It always brough a huge smile to his face!   Kunsang is one of my favourites at work! When I was first diagnosed he sent me an email with the following message. "Tibetans believe in 'Karma'.  That means something related to your previous life.  There is a saying in Tibetan.....'If you have fear of some pain or suffering you should examine whether there is anything you can do about it.  If you can there is no need to worry about it.  If you cannot do anything then there is also no need to worry.'  This message has stuck with me and I re-read it often.  Thankyou Kunsang for these wise words!

Yesterday was a fun day.  I managed to catch up with several teacher pals who have all scattered to various other schools!  We went to Starbucks and had a good gab!  It was so nice to talk about normal stuff.  Contract negotiations, misbehaving kids, problems at work, dogs, family, weddings........thanks girls!  It was great to spend a couple of hours with you!  Signing off for the weekend!!!  Planning to lie low....... Talk to you all Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment