Wednesday 18 January 2012

Well, Hump day of week two.  Two chemos down, three to go.....8 radiations down 15 to go!  I'm getting there.  Saw the oncologist today and other than a bit of flushing in my face no ill effects.  He said it's early and he expects that in a week or so I will start to feel "Less than sub-human!"  Hmmm....didn't like that comment much but I guess even I know that there is probably not a hope in hell I will sail through this without some down times.  A few weeks of pain, a lifetime of gain, right!  Unfortunately, for my family I am not the best patient.  They have been so good to me I am going to have to really try to put on a bright front!  Who knows maybe that doctor doesn't know what he's talking about!?  yeah right!

It is sooo cold out today that we came straight home and have decided that home is where we plan to stay for most of the day.  We may go see Warhorse tonight?  Anyone seen that one?  I'll just get a big bucket of hot buttered popcorn….and settle in for the show!!!

I keep getting notes from people telling me they are reading these ramblings so I will continue to post.  If they bore you don't feel obligated to read them!  Know that when you reinforce my behaviour though I will continue on my merry way!  Have a great day!  Stay warm!  Drink a smoothie with a cinnamon bun!!!  Guaranteed to improve your insulation factors!  I'm living proof!

2 comments:

  1. Leslie, I check your posts everyday. They help me feel apart of this whole crazy situation. You have soooo many people who would take this load off you if they could. Your posts allow us to support you, if not physically, definately emotionally. Keep those posts coming woman!

    The weather is beginning to break (be thankful you are not living through a week of indoor recesses).

    Keep smiling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Karen!!! I look forward to your humor every day!!! Be prepared to keep them coming for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!! Lol!!!

    I also agre with her comment about the indoor recess....you lucky duck you!!! If I don't kill a child or two...or more by the end of this week I will be lucky!!!

    SMILE!!!!

    ReplyDelete