Monday 30 January 2012

I AM INTO MY LAST FULL WEEK!  Still have three days next week but a week from Wednesday the treatment portion is finished!  One more chemo and 7 more radiations.  Monday is my whammy day for therapy.  I start with exercise therapy before we leave for the hospital (it keeps me calm), then head off for chemotherapy, followed by radiation therapy, followed by lunch out (we are getting to know all the trendy little coffee places in NW Calgary)  I could start writing a food blog!  Thankfully Bill respectfully is not taking me to MacDonalds!  After lunch it is a little retail therapy, followed by some outdoor therapy in Nosehill Park.  Today I went to the park with a bag of treats in order to facilitate "rapid recall"!  In the past two weeks we have come across two pooches sporting quilled faces!  Boomer has had it three times now which proves he's a pretty boy....not a pretty smart boy!  Food however does have it's merits and if I give him a treat at the beginning of the walk he is instantly to me when I call him!  If I was smarter I would carry those treats all the time so maybe he and I have something in common!

My favourite radiation tech at the hospital (the one training to run a 10km race in March) is off to Hawaii for a week on a conference!  Why don't teachers get conferences in Hawaii.  She has been working on a different unit so I hadn't seen her in awhile.  Friday she was back on my unit and I said I was worried she was sick of my coaching her on her running.  She laughed and said no she had just been moved but the running was going really well.  However, having said that she wouldn't be able to take advantage of the weekend as she was going on a business trip.  Her partner looked totally disgusted and finally said aren't you going to ask her where her business trip is?  She laughed and told me she was going to the big island for the week at which point I told her to make sure to take her running shoes!  My personal nagging theory is "never, ever miss an opportunity to nag!"  I will be sending each of my commitment friends a personal email this evening!  Haven't heard from a few of them in a bit so think I better get on their butts!!! Having said that I must say I am really happy that so many of you are taking your fitness seriously these days.  When I was first diagnosed Bill said to me everyone's going to be saying if this happened to Leslie, why the heck bother!  Well many of my friends are taking the exact opposite approach and I'm so proud of all of you!  "This happened to Leslie and she's going to beat it because she is such a healthy person!"  That's the RIGHT ATTITUDE GIRLS!!!  I LIKE YOUR ATTITUDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment