Wednesday 11 January 2012

4/23 to go.  Reached the hump day of week 1 with no adverse effects.  Just wanted to say thanks to some of my goofball friends who have found a way to send me humour through email.  I have had some really good chuckles from a few of you!  Believe me, I have not lost my sense of humour!  Today I was coaching my radiation technician on running the St. Patrick's Day 10 Km run.  I told her she better show up to work stiff tomorrow!  Each day I go in they draw a bull's eye right between my breasts with a sharpie!  It is really quite disconcerting to get up in the morning and see it when you look in the mirror.  I feel like someone is going to shoot me which I guess they are technically doing.  I am now referring to the technicians as the chefs who are microwaving me. Sick, sick sense of humour I know but I can't help myself!

Sleeping at night is becoming a bit of an issue.  Think it might be some of the medications they are feeding me.  In the past three days I think I have had more meds than I have ever had in my entire life.  Bill has taken on the role of being my personal organizer.  For those of you who know him you can appreciate my color coded binder complete with spread sheets, appointment schedules, etc. etc.  I carry it to and from the hospital in a Lulu Lemon bag!

Got a lovely note today from my dear teaching partner Rebecca.  I guess they have told the kids about me which I am grateful for.  I do want to go and see them but need to time my visit for a time when my immune system is not compromised.  That could be a bit of a challenge but I will see how it goes.
Stay tuned…..all is good.  Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment