Wednesday 29 August 2012

Woke up this morning and thought to myself “This is the second time, as a teacher with the CBE I have not gone to school today for the start up of the new year, in 34 years."  The other time was 11 years ago today when my dear Mom, Marjorie May passed away from Lymphoma.  It is hard to believe 11 years have passed since that day.  Mom loved her family and she left us all with many happy memories.  She was an amazing cook and we often reminisce about her apple pies and cinnamon buns!  Today I’m missing her and thinking of her.  Every year when I organized the Terry Fox run I would post my memory card along with those of my students on our Memory board at school along with this message!  Yes, we miss her but when we think of her now, it is with happy thoughts.  She will always be a part of all of us!

“You can shed tears because she is gone, or you can smile because she has lived,
  You can close your eyes and pray she’ll come back or you can open your eyes
  and see that she has left.
  Your heart can be empty because she has left or you can be full of the love you shared.
   You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday or you can be happy for tomorrow
   because of yesterday.
   You can remember her and only that she is gone or you can cherish her memory and live on.
   You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back or you can do what she’d want:
   Smile, open your eyes, love  and go on!”

Thanks Mom for all the great memories!  They never fail to bring a smile to my face!!!  You are always missed and forever appreciated in all of our hearts!

In closing off today I want to share my accomplishment of this morning!  Every year I make jars of “Gingery Marmelade” It is a huge favourite with all my family and a recipe I got years ago from my friend Caroline!  The jam is made with peaches and cantaloupe and is delicious!  Must confess it was a bit of a workout today.  You have to stir the darn stuff for over an hour.  This on top of all the chopping a prep but the worse part is you have to cook it at a rolling boil and it spatters everywhere making for a sticky floor at the end of the process.  Still, worthwhile and makes me most popular with my family so probably worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment