Thursday 16 August 2012

A perfect day in the eyes of a dog!  You get to go to the beach and play ball until the ball loses!

Bill headed back to Calgary this morning.  He will stop at Ron and Marg’s to pick up the fifth wheel and access just how much damage we have.  Hopefully it won’t affect our trip down to the Grand Canyon.  He will check in Calgary for parts but is worried that the dealerships might be sold out of the parts we need as there will be lots of people in the same boat as us!  If that happens guess I’ll be making a trip to Cranbrook tomorrow to see if I can get what we need.  Hopefully we are just looking at vents and skylights and not the roof!

Dad and I played golf again today.  We both agree that five days in a row is sufficient and are looking forward to a day off tomorrow.  I am going to go into the hospital in Invermere to have my hydration done tomorrow morning and then may hunt down some friends.  Saturday, Kelli, Dad and I will play together and Sunday I’ll be heading back to Calgary!  Have had a fabulous week out here.  The weather has been amazing.....we are eating all fresh produce out of Dad’s garden (his tomatoes are to die for!), my golf game has been decent most days, Boomer has lost a little weight (he always trims down in the summer with all the swimming he does)......all is good!

Now my apologies to those of you who thought I was making reference to friends who had “fizzled”.  I was not referring to any of my friends....simply giving Kelli some advice on how to support her friend.  I had a surge of emails today from people telling me they had not fizzled.....it was just that I had been away all summer or they had been away all summer!  Of course I realize this.  I have hardly been in Calgary and having said that I am quite capable of picking up the phone and contacting you guys to get together!  So PLEASE do not take those comments in yesterdays blog personally.

Guess all my teacher pals are getting ready to head back to school!  I haven’t really thought about it that much.  Guess I am in pre-retirement mode.  Half the time I don’t know what the date is nor do I care.
I do miss the kids.  I have run into several of them over the summer months and am amazed at how much they have grown since I last saw them.

Time to head down to the beach for the end of day swim!  It is always a challenge getting in but once done feels soooo good!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment