Saturday 18 August 2012

Still at the lake and enjoying this amazing weather!  Today, Kelli, Dad and I played golf.  Managed to squeak my way under the 100 mark once again but only by the skin of my teeth!  We are home now and it is scorching hot so none of us is feeling overly ambitious to do anything.  I’m contemplating heading down to the beach for a bit, Kelli is snoozing in the lawn chair and Dad is puttering.  I had thought about wandering over to see Barry and Wendy in Radium but the thought of getting into the hot car to drive over has deterred me!

Had my hydration done at the Invermere Hospital yesterday.  I met one of Kelli’s preceptors, a very nice man!  He and his wife spent a year in Nepal as the doctors at Manang which is the spot on the Annapurna Circuit where all the trekkers spend an extra day to get acclimatized to the altitude before going over the pass.  It is always lovely not to have to go to the Tom Baker.  The nurses here are excellent at poking my veins and I am in and out of there in no time at all and the best part is PARKING IS FREE!!!   After I finished there I wandered around town for a bit and then met Kelli for lunch.  What a life!

Tonight we have an invite for dinner to the Vanovers!  Always a treat!
It will be hard to head back to the big city tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment