Wednesday 15 August 2012

Another busy day.  Up for breakfast with Aunt Marian and Dorothy!  It was GREAT to see them!  My Aunt Marian has the biggest heart in the whole world.  She is that person who is always there for her friends and family.  I know my Mom always considered herself lucky to have Aunt Marian in her life.  Those of us who have friends like her are truly blessed!  Dorothy and Aunt Marian were continuing on to Lethbridge for more visiting so Dad and I headed off to the golf course this morning.  It was a perfect day for golf!  Not too hot and for the first nine there was no one in front of us and we just moved along at our own pace.  Slowed down on the back and both of us are blaming our lapse in play on this factor!!!  Always good to have something to blame your bad game on!  Someone talked, someone moved, someone was in your line of sight, the cart tart was in the way, the maintenance guy didn’t shut off his lawnmower when you were preparing to hit, your playing partners are too slow, the guys behind you are pushing you, there were no hot dogs at the halfway hut, you lost your favourite ball (I lost three ladybug crystals today and I’m devastated!!!)  Ladybugs can’t swim and two of my ladybug balls found there way into the Columbia River.  The third just went missing!)  They say a sign of high self esteem is the ability to blame your poor play on something other than yourself!!!

Both Kelli and Geoff do on-line research on things that can help me.  I now own a water filter, am considering buying a juicer (does anyone know anything about juicers??) and drink smoothies with Whey protein in them.  Kelli just read a study that has promising results for adding up to 6 lbs. of lean muscle mass with the use of a supplement called Glutamine.  She ran it by my oncologist and he said to go ahead and try it.  He thought the results looked interesting and  said it certainly wouldn’t hurt me.  She also found a study where they had given this supplement to rats with esophageal cancer with the result being a shrinkage in tumour growth.  So tonight I began my Glutamine supplementary program!!!
No harm in giving these things a try and who knows.....they just might be the magic I need!!!

Golf again tomorrow and then a day off on Friday!  Plan to hunt down some friends,  do some visiting and have a low key day!!

1 comment:

  1. I think it was glutamine that my trainer (back in the day) wanted me to look for when I was buying whey protein. Good luck with gaining weight! It's strange to say that to a grown woman :-)
    As for juicers - heard nothing but good about them. When we were in Israel we would buy juices from people who would juice the fruit with a hand pump/vise type contraction - VERY TASTY! I haven't bought one for home myself because I don't want the calories unless I eat the whole fruit. You, my friend, are in a totally different position on the caloric intake worries! Go for it and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete