Saturday 11 August 2012

Race Day!!  Up and at it.  Race start time for the 10 km-8:00 AM.  650 runners, 75% of them from Calgary!!!   Bill’s had two goals today.  The first one, to run in a time less than his age, the second to win a medal.
I drove into town and down to the Pynlogs where the race finished.  Bill arrived with a time of 55 minutes so goal one was accomplished!!!  Yahoo.  55 minutes is three minutes faster than his last years time and he was in a new age group so the possibility of a medal was looming!  Unfortunately, it would appear that there were some rabbits in his age group.  He ended up coming in 5th out of 18 for his age!  Not bad for someone who only ran five times before the race!  His training was minimal.  It was a great day for running and I must confess I was feeling a little sorry for myself watching all the people coming across the finish line.  I do miss my running.  Shogging just doesn’t do it !  Came home and took Boomer for his afternoon swim.  Basically a lazy day!  Tomorrow Kelli, Dad and I are hitting the golf course.

1 comment:

  1. Medal or not, I think 10 km in 55 minutes is terrific. I have quite a bit of time to knock off since it takes me 60 minutes to run 8 km. Perhaps I am still at shogging speed - but shogging is better than nothing!!!
    So glad you are having such an awesome summer! The girls and I are heading out to Radium today for 4 days and then right to Boulton Creek to camp with the entire family for another 4 days (there will be 20 of us!!) I can't believe we only have 3 more weeks of summer vacation - boo!! I do love and value spending time with my girls - the time is going by so fast it makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete