Monday 20 August 2012

Oops....just wrote an entire blog and didn’t publish it!  Poof...it’s gone!  Damn!  Oh well....will write it once again.  Missed yesterday.  Drove home from Windermere yesterday and by the time I got home and had dinner I just wanted to watch a movie.....the blog was forgotten!

Had a fabulous couple of weeks up at the lake.  The weather was fabulous, played lots of golf (some of it actually quite good golf!) ate wonderful veggies out of Dad’s garden, visited with friends, swam in the lake......had a great time!  Always hard to come home when the weather is as spectacular as it’s been.  I love it up there!  We are so lucky Dad lives there and we can spend time there with him.  Kelli still there for a few more days.  She has absolutely loved her rotation out there.  She comes back to Calgary on Thursday, will head out to Vancouver the weekend and then starts her Emergency rotation in Calgary on Monday.  Where has the summer gone????  Can’t believe that under normal circumstances I would be preparing to go back to school!

Was up and at it first thing to head over the Foothills for bloodwork.  Haven’t heard anything so assume all is good to go for tomorrow.  Had my workout this morning and it was actually pretty good considering I haven’t done it since I was left for the lake!  Maybe it’s the glucamine!!!  I came upstairs and said that it was a shame I had treatment tomorrow because I am feeling soooo good!  The chemo doesn’t usually make me sick (unless I go stampeding the day after!) but it does leave me feeling a little dragged out and tired for a few days afterwards.  Guess I shouldn’t complain because I know many people have lots of problems tolerating the regime I am on.  My body seems to take it pretty good.
So if tired is all I have to complain about I should just be quiet!!!

After my blood work I treated myself to a manicure/pedicure.  Well actually my “badminton friends” treated me.  They gave me a gift certificate some time ago and I finally used it today.  If any of you are reading this THANKYOU....it was fabulous.  Pedicures are my guilty pleasure!!!

Came home from there, collected Boomer and met Jenifer and Sienna at the off leash park.  Poor Boomer.  He would much rather swim in this weather than walk.  He does not enjoy the hot days.  A black coat is not conducive to hot weather.  Poor guy.

Tonight I am off to see the International Fireworks display with my pal Kathy.  She was there the other night and said it was absolutely fabulous.  Tonight is China’s display.  I have never been but have heard so much good about it that I can hardly wait to go!!!

Thought I’d close with a little photo essay of Boomer’s bath.  When he swims in Windermere he becomes quite “fragrant”.....and not pleasantly so.....I decided to bathe him before riding home for three hours in a closed vehicle with him.  Bath time is not a favourite thing for him....the pictures tell it all!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment