Monday 13 August 2012

Just sitting out in Dad’s backyard enjoying the peace and quiet.  Kelli working today, Bill off playing in the Alberta Police Association Golf Tournament, Mike gone back to Vancouver leaving Dad and I to enjoy a round of golf together today.  We started out playing with a couple from Ontario.  Funny how you can determine right at the get go if you are going to enjoy playing with the people you are paired with.  9 times out of 10 it is good but every so often you get that match that makes the game seem longer than long.  I knew we were in trouble when the fellow said he wanted to play from the blue tees.  That meant we would have one player on the blue’s (the Ontario guy), one on the whites (Dad) and two on the reds (myself and the Ontario woman).  This can make for a long game and I know it really irritates my dad and can put him right off his game.  Well....we all hit and started down the first fairway.  She proceeded to tell me that they were from Ontario and would be returning to Calgary tomorrow as her husband had to get back to Ontario for his Member/Guest tournament.  She and her daughters, however, would be staying for a couple more days at the Marriott.  She told me this three times, each time emphasizing the Mariott!  She then told me they had traded their time share at the Mariott in Florida for this time share but quite frankly she thought she was booking “The Fairmont”......and was shocked at the “Country Bumpkin” accommodations.  Hmmmm........a little uppity!  Then she told me it has been a long week being her so far from anything!  She’s telling this to ME who loves this place.....I didn’t say anything but was thinking to myself it’s amazing how much you can learn on the first hole!  As expected it was a long first nine but fortunately they decided they didn’t want to play 18 and quite after 9 and we were able to play the back nine without having to listen to this &!*# anymore.  Maybe they found playing with Country Bumpkins a little below them, I don’t know and I really don’t care.  Preferred playing without them~!

Have times booked all week except for Friday when I will go into Invermere for my hydration.  Five days in a row will be lots for me and I will no doubt be ready for a little break.

Just heard there was a killer hail storm in Calgary and saw pictures of the size of the hail storms on my daughter in laws Facebook page!  Am thinking our garden is probably mulch.  Bill will be upset.  Our garden was looking the best it has looked in years when we left this week. We had figured out how to keep the deer out but there is no safeguards against the weather.  Am waiting to hear from Geoff what things look like but am not too hopeful that the news will be good.

Funny, I don’t ever remember having a hail storm out here in all the years we have been coming here.
Anyways....guess I should look at the bright side.  We had no vehicles parked outside at home!!!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you are golfing so frequently and spending time with your dad! I just realized that the race that I finished in 55 min was an 8k race {the Nov. Banff Winterstart Night race} not a 10k like Bill did. I am running much slower. G.

    ReplyDelete