Friday 10 August 2012

Well, it has been one of those days.  Got up and started to get organized to go to the lake.  Was rushing around and decided to take the wrapping off my new lamp.  Rushed it a bit (hmmm.....that’s definitely a problem with me) and put a bit of a dimple in the shade.  Am hoping it will spring back if I leave it alone....if not I know where to get a replacement.  Ticks me off though.  Then met Maureen for coffee and had a nice visit.  Returned home to pack up and then headed over to the bank to deposit a cheque.  On the way out of the bank I walked past a woman just backing out of her parking stall.  I noticed a rather large puddle where she had been parked, did a double take on it and then glanced at her vehicle and sure enough there were drips following her pathway.  Thought about it for a moment and decided it was probably just the air conditioning unit leaking a bit so wandered over to my own vehicle and then looked up at her as she drove by giving me the finger.  I thought, why the heck is that all about and impulsively ALMOST returned the salute!  Common sense kicked in though and I decided to pretend I didn’t notice what she was doing so instead I gave her a huge smile and waved as if I knew her.  Big, big mistake.....someone obviously “pissed in her cornflakes” this morning because she proceeded to put her window down and yelled out that I could  “just &@*k OFF!”  I still can’t figure out what brought all this on but she obviously did not appreciate me looking at her air conditioning fluid!  Finally got on the highway and decided to stop at Beamers in Canmore for a bagel and cream cheese.  I was the only one in the coffee shop, placed my order and then proceeded to stand patiently at the counter thinking to myself how long can it take to toast a bagel and put a little cream cheese on it.  The girls behind the counter were drinking their coffee and chatting and one was busy making wraps so I continued to wait. They would smile at me periodically and finally I decided to go use the washroom.  Came back.....still no bagel so finally after at least ten minutes....probably longer I asked if they had forgotten about my bagel......Oh my....yes they had!  I wonder what they thought I was doing standing there watching them.  It wasn’t like the place was hopping.  I was the only customer....Oh well....had my bagel and continued on my way.  Arrived in Windermere and decided to stop at Hopkins Harvest for some fruit.  Picked up some blueberries and peaches and put them on top of the cooler in my car thinking to myself I’ll drive careful and they will be fine.  WRONG!  First corner the blueberries came flying off the cooler and flew all over my car.  Nothing like blueberry juice on your car carpet!!!  Unreal!  Needless to say when I arrived at Dad’s and he offered me a glass of wine I was all over it!

Had supper then went across the lane to visit Dad’s old neighbours Izy and Peter.  They lived here for years but have moved to Victoria and their kids have taken over the house.  This weekend is an 80th birthday celebration for both Izy and Peter and the whole family, all 25 of them are here to celebrate!  Things are a buzzing over there and I am sure they are going to have a fabulous time! It was sooo great to see them both!  I have missed them. Met a whole bunch of the family that I hadn’t met before and had a chat with their son in law who just happens to be a classmate of my surgeon! What a small world!!!

Looking forward to a great week out here!  Tomorrow I am going into Invermere to cheer Bill at the finishing line.  He is running the 10 km for the annual Loop the Lake.  He has moved into a new age category and is hoping to “medal” tomorrow.  Not that he deserves it....his training hasn’t been up to par if you ask me...running five times before a 10 km race doesn’t quite cut it!  Still I will be there a little envious to be sure but I will eat the pancake breakfast instead!!!  Will post a photo tomorrow of the weekend warrior!

No comments:

Post a Comment