Thursday 30 August 2012

Just a quick little blog today.  I am just waiting for my friend Kathy to pick me up in her brand new SUV and we are heading off to Windermere for the weekend for a little golf and relaxation!

Went to the Tom Baker today and had my appointment with my nurse practitioner followed by my hydration appointment.  She gave me a bit of a lecture on “taking it easy.”  She’s probably right.....have been going in high gear for the last little bit.  Will try to be a little more low key this weekend.  After my appointment with her I decided to grab a latte at the coffee shop as I had about an hour wait before my hydration.  Got the latte and headed down to the medical day care.  Wandered over to the community computer to kill some time but couldn’t get into it so decided to sit and watch TV.  I picked up my latte, (by the lid) and kaboom.....a major catastrophe.....not just a spill....but a major splash splash spill.  In fact the entire waiting room of people groaned in unison!  It was sooo embarrassing.  Fortunately I did not splash anyone with coffee.  I tooted off to the bathroom to get some paper towels and by the time I had returned a gentleman had arrived with a bunch of towels and together we wiped up my mess.  He then disappeared into the unit with his wife who was there for treatment and I sat down thinking how nice it would have been to have that latte but not nice enough to go all the way upstairs and back to the main building to get another.  Then presto.....the gentleman appeared once again and said that cleaning up all that coffee made him feel like one himself and could he get one for me as well!  Made my day and made me think about how nice it is to do good deeds for other people.  I’ve done my share as I know all of you have but there is something really special about doing a good deed for someone you don’t know or doing one for someone you do know but they don’t know it was you who did it!  Soooo....my challenge to myself this week is this.  Every day I have to do something nice for someone else.  At first I was going to  say I would do something nice for a stranger every day but decided that I would leave it a little more open ended.  I’ll start with one good deed every day for a week and see how that goes.  Any one else up for the challenge?  It would be great to share some of the things we were able to do over the course of the week!  Think about joining me!  I think it could be real fun!  Pay it forward!  Forward me your good deeds and I will post them next week!

2 comments:

  1. Leslie, Hanna and I bought a book about a month ago at chapters called 'One Good Deed A Day' and I have been trying to do some of them! One of the things Hanna and I did was to offer to babysit for free for our neighbours who have three small children. I know she is not ready to have Hanna do it on her own yet, ( new baby, and one with a disability) and I feel bad that this poor young couple never get to go out! (Robb and I do all the time cuz our kids are older!)
    They are so happy with our offer....and plan to take us up on it within the month!! Feels so good to do things for others....and my motto to my kids is "good things happen to good people!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love random acts of kindness too and will take the challenge too this week!!

    ReplyDelete