Saturday 4 August 2012

It’s a hot one out there.  Bill off working on Geoff and Lindsey’s landscaping project today.  I decided to hit the Farmer’s Market out by Callaway Park for something to do.  Nice little market and reasonably priced for the most part.  Wandered around for a bit and bought some lovely produce.  From there we headed to the Bow River and Boomer had a refreshing swim.  That boy really loves his swimming.  We were down there for about an hour, he swimming constantly which has got to be exhausting in the current, yet when I called him to go he gave me this look like “seriously, we have to leave?”  Just like a little kid.  From there we picked up a couple of sandwiches and dropped in on the yard labourer.  Hot work out there in the sun today.  That is definitely a labour of love!  Thank goodness Lindsey bought him some beer and put it in the fridge!

I’m home now and debating what to do.  Am finding I do not enjoy the heat as much as I used to so sitting outside, unless in the shade, is not something I want to do.  On the other hand who wants to waste a beautiful day such as this sitting indoors.  For those of you sitting at lakeside....lucky you!  It is the perfect weekend for that!  Will be heading that way shortly myself so hope that the weather continues.  I can almost see my garden growing on a daily basis.  Amazing what a little sun and heat can do for the growing season.

No comments:

Post a Comment