Tuesday 28 August 2012

Was supposed to meet my cousin downtown tonight for dinner and a movie.....”The Wonderful Exotic Marigold Hotel.”  I have really been wanting to see it.  Have been just a little “off” all day.  Kelli got up and we headed over to Starbucks for an iced coffee and I got this pain in my shoulder.  Perhaps overdid it on my workout this morning, I don’t know.  I’ve had it before and it is sometimes related to eating too much,  To much for me isn’t all that much anymore.  In any case we came home and I laid on the floor with a heated bean bag for 20 minutes and it was just fine.  Weird! Decided that maybe going downtown for dinner and a movie might not be the best plan tonight so phoned my dear, sweet cousin (she was totally understanding) and she and Gerry are going to come here for a burger instead.  Think on a night like this, this might be a better option anyways.  A cold drink sitting outside.....we won’t have many more evenings where this will be possible.

Talked to my friend from Montreal yesterday and we were talking about “having a normal day”.  She said she had a friend who had gone through this cancer thing and all she ever wanted was a “normal day.”  I often have that thought......My days are pretty darn good but every so often I think to myself, “Oh to have a normal day!”  And what would that look like???

Well, I’d wake up and feel great.  I would get up and strap on my runners and go for a run, not a shog.  I’d have a shower then I’d have my breakfast.....toast and two cups of coffee!  After that I’d make my plan.  Whatever that would be, I wouldn’t have to worry about over exerting myself.  I wouldn’t have to huff and puff after doing anything even slightly strenuous.  If I didn’t want lunch I just wouldn’t bother!  I would not have to take a single pill!  I could talk and not sound like Miss Piggy!  I could yell if I wanted to.  I could laugh uproariously and not gasp at the end of it.  I could drink more than one glass of wine.  I would think to myself maybe I should lose 5 lbs. not think I wish I could gain 5 or 10 lbs. I could wear my bikini.  I could brush my hair vigorously and not worry it might fall out!  I could eat sugar and not worry I might be “feeding” my cancer cells.  I wouldn’t worry every time I got a strange ache or pain that it might be something serious.  It is amazing how much we take for granted when we are healthy!  Appreciate your health!  Enjoy every minute of it!  Celebrate those normal days!  They are very, very precious indeed!  In a blink of an eye normal becomes quite different! Life can change in a blink of an eye!

3 comments:

  1. Leslie, you have no idea how much I appritiate you reminding us of that...and often!!! When things are going well in our lives, and we bitch and grumble about silly things ( like cranky teenagers or something) it is so nice to be reminded to enjoy and appritiate every single little awesome thing in our lives.....LIKE our cranky teenagers.....btw, mine are awesome!! Hee hee

    So thanks again....you ALWAYS have a way of making me smile....and reflect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really put it all in perspective Les!!

    ReplyDelete