Monday 27 August 2012

Got home from Mt. Kidd early afternoon yesterday.  Picked Kelli up at the airport and headed out to Elliston Park for the finale fireworks display.  It was absolutely packed, a sell out crowd.  Geoff and Lindsey and Kathy and Robbie joined us.  We got there a little early and hit the International food kiosks.  Huge lineups.  We chose our dinner based on the length of the line and the winner was Indonesia.  I enjoyed my combo plate but Bill said he thought it was a .99 for $9.99.

The fireworks did not disappoint, although we al agreed that the music coordination wasn’t that great.  We really weren’t there for the music anyways.  The whole event was incredibly organized.  We were on busses back to Marlborough Mall within 15 minutes.  Good job to the organizers!

Got up this morning and did my morning workout and then took Boomer for his walk.  We ran into an elderly Asian couple who did the dance of fear (which Boomer loves).  If people ignore him he walks right by them but as soon as they start waving their arms and screeching he feels this need to check out what the problem is.  It is a puzzle to him!  He often will do a bluff charge at an Asian person and at the last minute veer around them.  I seriously think he enjoys putting the fear of death into them.  If they would just pay him no attention he would do the same to them.  In any case this mornings couple were very agitated which brought about the lab inspection.  The lady proceeded to give me a piece of her mind in Chinese.  She was gesturing at the dog and gesturing at me and I smiled sweetly, nodded my head agreeably and said “Good Morning.”.....  Truth be known, although I do not speak Chinese I knew exactly what she was telling me!

Had a quiet day today.  My Forerunner was in for repairs so I was housebound anyways but really didn’t mind.   After my packed weekend I was feeling a little pooped today so was happy to lay low.  Dad sent me in a bucket of apricots which I turned into jam and tomatoes which I turned into soup so did have some productivity.  Other than that I just enjoyed my new book.  Just finished reading a book called “The Purpose of a Dog.”  I loved it so much I bought the sequel “The Journey of a Dog.”  If you are a dog person you would really like this book.  I had seen a review on it a while back and it was on the New York Best Seller List for quite some time.  I highly recommend it!




No comments:

Post a Comment