Monday 2 July 2012

Hope everyone had a Happy Canada Day!!  We are spending our weekend out in Windermere and yes....I golfed 18 holes today!  It was not pretty but was sooo fun!  Dad and I took a cart today for the 18 but there is so much flooding on the course it was cart path only and I honestly think I did as much walking to get to my ball as I would have had I walked.  Tomorrow I'm thinking I will walk the front nine and ride the back.  Bill, Dad, Kelli and I were a foursome.  Kelli gamely played 18 but I'm pretty sure she is not convinced this is the sport for her!  She hit some great balls, had some incredible horseshoe luck on a couple of holes and a few blow ups!  I myself was just consistently bad or consistently mediocre.  The good news is that I don't think the score could be much worse tomorrow!  It is so awesome to be outside actually doing something I love to do with the people I love to be with!  It honestly wouldn't matter if I scored 200! (Well, maybe a little).

Kelli starts work at the clinic in Invermere on Wednesday and Bill and I will head home for a couple of days.  I, for a birthday date with Kathy and Bill to start helping Geoff and Lindsey get their yard fixed up and their deck built.  I'm planning to come back for the weekend after my appointments on Thursday.  The forecast is for some sunshine.....Yahooo.....we will finally be getting a dose of vitamin D that is long overdue.  The lake is high and very dirty.  There were lots of people on the beach today but not one person in the water.  I wouldn't even let Boomer go swimming.  We took a walk down to check out the beach and he was so stoked.  Thought for sure we were going down for a swim.  You should have seen the look I got when I snapped on his leash!  It will be a couple of weeks I'm thinking before the water settles out.  They even have a boil water advisory here so I actually brought my own water from home.  Probably a little extreme but don't want to take any unnecessary risks.

Still feeling good!  Chemo so far not having any adverse effects, knock on wood. Hair still in place although they assured me that EVERYONE loses their hair on this protocol.  Hope I am the exception.
Eating going well although it seems like a graze all day long to get in the necessary calories.  Have pretty much stopped using the tube and will call the surgeon this week to ask about having it out.

We now have 9 committed HONEY BADGERS for next years ride!!!  Let me know if you would like to join the team.


No comments:

Post a Comment