Thursday 12 July 2012

Phew....long day.  Got up and huffed and puffed my way through my workout, walked the dog, had breakfast and headed off to the Foothills for my hydration appointment which once started takes about an hour.  The appointment was for 11:30 so I booked my doctor’s appointment for 1 PM, knowing it was a little tight but thinking I could make it as the doctor is just across the street from the Foothills.

Arrived to discover all the computer systems were down.  People waiting for chemo were facing 3-4 hour waits for their lab results to come up from the lab before they could start on their chemo.  Fortunately all I required was saline, however, even this required over an hour wait.  No way I was going to make that doctors appointment.  Called and explained the situation and they were very understanding and said just come over when you are done.  Made me realize how dependent everyone has become on technology and the disaster it creates when it crashes.  Geoff was working yesterday and 911 wasn’t working on any of the landlines downtown.  Nobody seems to know when things will be up and running again but I can tell you i was thankful I wasn’t booked for Chemo today!  So another day spent in the confines of the Foothills Hospital.  Thank goodness I get a bit of a break here.  I am going to have my hydration done in Invermere next week so won’t have to come back for it here.

Kelli home for a couple of days to take me to see Johnny Reid tomorrow night!  Can hardly wait.  Lunch with Geoff and Lindsey then down to the grounds to wander a bit before the concert.  Fortunately it is going to be a little cooler tomorrow.  I can’t imagine wandering around there at the temperatures we have had over this past week.

Still feeling decent. Have managed to keep my weight stable since getting out my J tube removed.  It is a bit of an effort though as you have to be constantly snacking and drinking.  Seems like a full time job!  You would think it would be nice but actually it is a total pain in the butt.
Oh well....it’s a pain that is bearable....just a bit of a nuisance....

3 comments:

  1. Have fun at Johnny Reid! I actively try to ignore the concerts during Stampede but am realizing that I am missing some people that I would love to go hear. First time in awhile that Brad (as in Brad Paisley) has been in town and I haven't been to visit with him. Must pay attention next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW - Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday!!! You share the day with my wonderful Dad who is 87 today. Remember to slip Boomer a bit of birthday cake.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete