Saturday 30 June 2012

Last day of the month!  Thought I'd give you all a visual to help you remember your White Rabbits tomorrow morning first thing!    This is the original white rabbit in my collection.  Kelli gave her to me and her name is Isabelle!

Think I may have had a little chemo brain going on today.  I'm not even sure what that is but I hear people referring to it all the time at the Tom Baker.  In any case....had a few cooking disasters this morning.  Started out that I thought we would have salmon for dinner so went to the freezer and took out this lovely salmon I had put in there about a week ago.  As I walked to the kitchen I noticed "previously frozen" on the label.  I was so tempted to cook it anyway but I suspect that would be very, very foolish with my compromised immune system.  So sadly the beautiful piece of salmon ended up in the garbage!  Next on the list....thought I would make a loaf of bread (in my bread maker)  Got everything organized....reached up to my top cupboard to get my flour down and knocked a large container of 7 grain cereal on the floor.  7 grain cereal EVERYWHERE!  "expletives"!!!  Got the vacuum out and cleaned up that mess then continued on.  Got everything into the bread maker and sat down to read the paper.  The bread maker started up..."clunk, clunk...".....Hmmm....that did not sound good so I got up to investigate.  The pan has two paddles and I had failed to attach one of the paddles so only half of the pan was mixing.  I tried to fix it in the machine but to no avail, finally had to
abort....dump all the ingredients and start again.  "expletives"...... Measured everything out, double checked the paddles were attached and placed the man in the bread maker and plugged it in again.  The darn machine would not let me reprogram it and insisted on starting where it had left off with the aborted loaf.  I finally just gave up and decided there was nothing I could do about it but hope the loaf would turn out.....fortunately, it did so there was a happy ending to this culinary mishap of which I have way more than my share.

Next...off to Nose Hill to do some shogging.  Was definitely better today and went a little further but as I was huffing and puffing along I couldn't help but think if they hadn't damaged my vocal cords during the surgery I would be so much further along in my recovery.  The reason I am having so much problem with exertion is my vocal cords do not open wide enough to give me a good airway and I struggle to get enough air in when I exert myself.  The hope is that the muscles will in time recover and this function will correct itself which will correct the problem I am having with breathing.  In the meantime I just have to live with it and huff and puff my way along.

Going out to see my Dad for a few days tomorrow.  We have tee times booked for Monday and Tuesday and I am so looking forward to it!  Dad says the Columbia River is higher than he has ever seen it and the golf course has several new lakes on it!!!

Happy Canada Day everyone…...remember you live in the best place on the face of the earth! (And don't forget those WR)


No comments:

Post a Comment