Tuesday 3 July 2012

Got up to golf this morning to a black sky and gusty winds.  We watched the black clouds rolling down  the valley and decided to cancel our tee time.  Good decision, a couple of hours later the skies opened up and it bucketed!  We relaxed here for awhile and then decided to head into town to wander, something we rarely do.  Bought a pair of pants that fit me (many of my clothes are a little on the baggy side right now as I lost a little weight when I was sick) and wandered through every store in town.

Home now and have discovered I am supposed to see the doctor tomorrow at 9 AM.  They are a little disorganized I'm finding.  I did talk to the nurse last week and she said that appointment had been cancelled.  Now it's a go to access me before my next round of IV chemo which is happening next week.  Oh well, we had planned to head home tomorrow morning anyways so will just head home tonight after supper instead.  I also have a second appointment booked for tomorrow afternoon to get my J tube removed.  YAHOOO!  I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!  I am so sick of this thing and haven’t used it for days.  It is like a visual reminder that I am sick!  I called my surgeon this morning to make the appointment and was quite distressed to discover his office was closed until July 30.  Called the the doctor who is covering for him and was pleasantly surprised when she said I could come in tomorrow to get it done.  I hung up the phone and did the dance of joy!  Three months of this extra appendage is quite enough.

I’m planning to come back on Thursday after my hydration appointment and Bill is going to see depending on whether Geoff wants to work on the deck on the weekend.  I know Bill is looking forward to this project.  Things have been pretty much on hold since I got sick and I know he is missing doing that kind of stuff and is looking forward to getting back at it.  The weather forecast looks amazing for the next several days!  Has summer finally arrived?  Crossing my fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment