Thursday 5 July 2012

I think, (knock on wood) summer might have arrived!  We came home from the lake on Tuesday night after discovering I had an appointment with the oncologist at 9 AM on Wednesday morning.  We had been told this appointment was cancelled but apparently not.  In any case called the surgeon’s office to see about getting my j tube removed and made an appointment for yesterday afternoon!  This appointment I was excited to go to.  My surgeon was away but one of his partners was filling in and I booked in with him.  The removal took about half a second!  One tug and it was gone!  I’ll tell you I was doing the dance of joy as I walked out of that building yesterday afternoon.  This morning I looked down at my stomach and other than the zipper scar running up the middle of my stomach it was all me! Now I will have to make a concerted effort to keep up my eating and particularly my drinking.  I did lose some weight when I was sick but am not that much below my original weight.  The problem is that they all look at the weight I was when I booked in for the surgery.  I had gained almost 25 pounds on all those delicious treats you all kept dropping off at my house!  It was never my plan to stay that weight!  I have lost much of my muscle tone I’m afraid.  Three months of not working out doesn’t promote muscle growth.  I am back on a modified fitness program and it is slowly improving.

Last night Kathy took Maureen and I to see Jersey Boys.  We went out for supper to Vero Bistro in Kensington, a gem of a little restaurant if you are looking for somewhere nice to go.  From there we headed up to the Jubilee for the show.  And what a show it was.  We all loved it!  Great music, high energy....a great production. My toes are still tapping!  Thanks Kath.  What a terrific birthday present!

Heading off for my hydration in a bit and then back up to the lake for the weekend.  Will be back home for all of next week as I have lots of appointments and stuff going on!  Kelli is living with Dad while doing her rural rotation in Invermere so I’m sure he appreciates not having us all around all of the time!

Time to get organized.  Enjoy the sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that the J-tube is gone!! :)
    We saw the Jersey Boys last Sat. and loved it as you did. Bought the CD and played it a few times on our way to Spokane Sun. a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received a gc from Vero Bistro so it's good to know that you enjoyed the restaurant. Yay about the J-tube! One day at a time, hey?

    ReplyDelete