Thursday 19 July 2012

Not too many comments on yesterdays blog but loved Dusty’s response.  “Shit happens!”  Sure does!
Will clean it up today!  Perhaps the bathroom humour was more information than people needed.

Hot here today.  Went into the Invermere Hospital for hydration this morning.  Everyone in the Emergency Department was excited as they had had a delivery that morning and a quick one at that.  So laid back here compared to Calgary.  Enjoyed the change of scenery for sure and it was great not to have to return to Calgary for the appointment.  May just do my next weeks hydrating here as well! I had to laugh though.....when checking in I was asked if I would like to declare Aboriginal Status!?
Not sure what that’s all about.

From there I headed back to Windermere, picked up my Dad and we headed out to the golf course.  Only walked nine today but it was not my finest round.  Just didn’t seem to have it today!  I did some amazing shots.....and by amazing I’m not suggesting they were by any means good.    Still, enjoyed the game....always enjoy playing with Dad!  Tomorrow, Kelli and I are booked.  She is working a call shift tonight though (after working a full day of 9-5 today and seeing 33 patients) so if she doesn’t get any sleep the game may not happen.  If it does, we have already agreed we are going to cart the entire 18!  After four days of walking, I think I’ve earned it!

We got home round 4:30.  A bit of a scorcher here today and I decided that it was time to take the first dip of the season.  Wasn’t entirely sure how swimming out to the raft would go.  It’s not like shogging (cross between a jog and a shuffle which is my latest workout gait for those of you who have missed previous postings).  When I’m shogging and decide to stop, no big deal.......but if you are swimming and decide to stop.....well, put bluntly....you drown!  I was puffing pretty good on the way out....looked over my shoulder at my Dad following and thought to myself “I don’t think he’s going to be able to save me if I need him too.”  Then I looked past him to the beach where Bill was sitting, fully dressed and doggy sitting and thought “He’s not coming for me...”  The only one that would come after me would be Boomer and that is an absolutely a terrifying experience.  When I try swimming with him he panics and tries to save me.  His idea of saving, however, is not very effective.  He comes straight at you with front paws pawing frantically.  In any case, I did make it to the raft....had a little rest and headed back in without requiring any aid or assistance.   Was quite pleased with myself!  Another something I can do!

2 comments:

  1. I burst out laughing picturing Boomer trying to save you!! Thanks for the laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie - you are bounding ahead by leaps and bounds (must be Boomer's influence). You definitely have reason to be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete