Monday 23 July 2012

Back at the golf today.  Soooo windy!  Sometimes an advantage, sometimes not!  The sun shone though so it was a good day on the course.  I continue to experience problems with the biffy on hole #13 which incidentally is MY HOLE IN ONE HOLE!!!  Played my ball today and had Dad stop at the washrooms before heading over to the green.  We were golfing with two singles today, both men.  One had also stopped to use the washrooms.  I headed for the ladies room.....(Yes, I have learned my lesson) and busted in on Dan.  A little embarrassing!  What the heck was he doing on the ladies side.  There wasn’t anyone ion the men’s.  Anyways...I used the men’s again!

Geoff and Lindsey arrive tonight.  We have tee times booked for both Tuesday and Wednesday.  Really looking forward to spending some time with them.  Kelli and Mike are cooking dinner tonight!

Forgot to mention another milestone that occurred the other night when we were out to dinner at Brian and Brenda’s.  Just before we left, Brian was feeding the dogs leftover salmon.  He was trying to get Boomer to roll over but there really wasn’t enough room to roll so Boomer stood up and spun around instead.  Didn’t know he was that smart!  In any case, it was really funny AND for the first time since my surgery, an honest to goodness laugh came out of my body.  I know Judy and Lorna have both been wanting to hear my signature laugh and will be delighted to hear that although slightly altered.....it is back!!!  I didn’t say anything but I noticed it.  The next day when Kelli and I were at Kicking Horse Coffee having our latte’s she asked me if I had noticed.....she had.  Funny how we miss those little things.  I LOVE TO LAUGH as all of you who know me well know!

Time to head out... but not before I wish Holly and Robbie HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  Hope you both read this today.  Interestingly, 24 years ago today Holly and Bob were at our house for dinner when Kathy called to tell us that she had a beautiful baby boy with 10 fingers and 10 toes!  Where do the years go!???  Hope you both had a wonderful day.  Robbie is still probably on cloud nine.  This past week he participated in the World Transplant Games and is a GOLD MEDALIST in Lawn Bowling!

3 comments:

  1. I read every word you type Leslie! Thank you for the birthday wishes,ahhhhhh the good old days! "Seems like only yesterday" and I'm sure it was!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh that signature laugh! G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear that laugh for myself but I can just hear it in my mind!! When I taught on the 2nd floor of the Ranch, I could hear you down below and I always wanted to know what I was missing!!
    Laughter is good for the soul!!

    "All you need in the world is love and laughter. That's all anybody needs. To have love in one hand and laughter in the other."
    August Wilson

    “Laughter is the sound of the soul dancing. My soul probably looks like Fred Astaire.”

    “The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.”
    ― Mark Twain

    "Laughter is an instant vacation."~Milton Berle

    ReplyDelete