Sunday 8 July 2012

Out in Windermere this weekend.  Great weather, finally.  We have played golf the last three days.  My first couple of games were pretty bad but the last two are more in line with how I know I can play.  Even got my score on the right side of 100 yesterday and shot a 97.  Today was 101 but still played decently.  It’s a lot more fun when you are actually connecting with the ball.  I’m walking the front nine but have been taking a cart for the back.  Find that by the end of 18 I’m starting to pitter out.
The beach is packed with people.  The water is so high here that there is no actual beach.  Hopefully the next time I’m out I will be able to go in the water.  Have to wait until my peg heals (this is where the J tube was).

Bill and I will head back to Calgary first thing tomorrow morning.  I have an appointment at the swallow clinic  Not sure what that is about as I am swallowing pretty good right now but will go and see what it’s about.  Tuesday is IV chemo and Thursday, hydration.  Then we will head back out here for some more lake time!  Kelli says I can get my hydration at the Invermere Hospital which would be nice as I could stay here and not worry about heading home for Thursdays.    This will pretty much be our summer.  No plans to venture too far until we see how things are progressing for me.

Had supper with Barry and Wendy last night at their place in Radium and heard about their amazing cycling trip.  They just got back from a 6 week cycling trip across America from Boston to LA.  Pretty fantastic accomplishment!  I’m thinking I’m going to try cycling next week but certainly not across America.  My goal is to go from Home Rd. to the zoo and back and finish with ice-cream at Licks.  The route is flat and should be quite doable for me I’m thinking.  I’m searching for activities that I can do and am slowly finding what I can and can’t do.  Still struggle with anything that requires too much exertion but am working on finding things that work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment