Saturday 21 July 2012

Quite the windstorm here last night.  Dad and Bill played golf this morning and said there were more than 30 large trees down on the golf course.  Carnage around the town of Windermere as well but fortunately I haven’t heard of anyone getting hurt.

I opted out of golf today!  Kelli and I decided to hit the Farmer’s Market in Invermere this morning.  Mike dropped her off on his way to work at the hospital and we headed in to Kicking Horse Coffee for latte’s.  I am off of straight coffee but must confess a good latte still tastes pretty darn good!  We enjoyed a leisurely cup and then headed into town to check out the market.  We were stunned by the size of it and later discovered it was “Valley Appreciation Day”.  There were all kinds of booths selling everything from jams, to vegetables, to jewellery, to hats, to bread etc. etc.  The best part was that most of the booths were offering samples of their wares so we went from vendor to vendor sampling all sorts of delicious things.  We spent a couple of hours wandering, bought falafel’s and settled down to watch a band playing on the stage (also part of the market attractions).  It was great fun!

After lunch we headed home and Kelli went back to Columbia Lake where she is staying.  I wandered over to see my friend Monica who just recently went through surgery on her lung.  She is out here recuperating.  Quite honestly, there probably isn’t a better place to do that.  I haven’t heard from her in a bit and was really excited when I got an email telling me she was here.  We had a great visit and I got to meet her new puppy “Murphy”, an adorable Wheaton Terrier!  We compared scars.....we both have some pretty major road maps on our bodies and shared some of our “hospital” experiences.  Being able to sit and talk to someone who has been through a very similar experience to your own is very therapeutic.  Monica is one of the strongest women I have ever met.  She has supported me throughout my journey and I have kept every email she has sent me!  When I think I have it tough I often think of her.  My battle has been for 8 months.......her’s has been for fourteen years!  We both know how important it is to appreciate every single day and not take a single thing for granted.  I have always appreciated my life and my family but somehow when you are faced with a serious health condition you are reminded that life is precious, family and friends are the most important thing and if there’s something you want to do or say.....go for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment