Monday 9 July 2012

After a terrific few days at the lake drove home first thing this morning for what I thought was some sort of swallow/voice rehab.  Really had no idea what this appointment was about but after awhile you just show up and see what they’ve got in store for you today.  Arrived at the PL Hospital at 2 and the lady at the check in said they will be out for you shortly for your test.  I looked at Bill and said, this better not be a barium swallow!  Well, sure enough that was what I was booked for.  I looked at the lady and said I had a barium swallow over a month ago and have been eating for the past 3-4 weeks, my tube is gone and I’m not aspirating so why am I having another barium swallow.  She explained that Dr. Bosche had booked it in April when I first went to see him about my vocal cord issues.  So here we go again.....different doctors booking the same test.  I told her I did not want to do the barium swallow and did not feel I needed it.  I also told her that no one had explained what I was going there for today and had I known I would have phoned in and cancelled it in advance.  She did not seem at all bothered.  I think she was thinking....”yippee....free time”.....kind of like me when I was teaching and at the last minute a classroom teacher would call me apologetically because they were going on a field trip that day!  I would do the dance of joy!  Free time!  Me time!  Anyways.....a useless trip to the hospital on a beautiful day but we did go for a Booster Juice which has become a favourite treat for me.

Got home and discovered I was still on a waiting list for tomorrows chemo!  Duh....what’s that about?  I’m supposed to be on a three week schedule and also need to get my next three week supply of oral pills.  Waited until almost 4:00 before I finally got a call to tell me to come in at 9 AM.  Asked why I didn’t get a schedule like I did last time and she said I will probably get it at tomorrow’s appointment.  Came home and had a second call on the answering machine from the Tom Baker telling me my appointment was at 9:30 tomorrow.  Doesn’t sound like a big deal but they make you sit and wait half an hour before they call you anyways, so if I go at 9 AM I’ll be sitting for an hour before they call me.  Very frustrating.  I think there are just too many cooks cooking the stew and I happen to be the stew and I am STEWING!!!

Just going to head out for a short walk with Boomer.  He does not appreciate this heat wave and I guess I wouldn’t either if I was sporting his black coat.  The lake was a joy for him because rather than walk we would head down to the beach and he would swim to his heart’s content!  This 30 degree stuff is not black labrador weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment