Monday 4 June 2012

Took a complete break from technology this weekend.  Mostly forced.  My computer and my Dad's wifi weren't on the same wavelength and my phone was acting totally weird so I just put them back in the backpack.  We went out to bring back our fifth wheel which Kelli has been living in for the past three weeks while doing an elective at Cranbrook Hospital.  She took a bit of a razzing about being a "Trailer Park Doc".  The funny part is that there was another doctor living in his motor home in the RV park!  It was certainly her most affordable alternative and it all worked out really good for her.

We stayed with Dad for the weekend.  He and Bill got out and played a couple of rounds of golf.  I did not walk the course this weekend.  It was a little cool and I was a little under the weather.  Still waiting for some answers from my doctor on my LAZY stomach!  He did say he would call today so I am making damn sure either Bill or I are near this phone all day!  In any case it was a pretty quiet weekend.  The happiest camper was Boomer because we took him down for his swim.  That dog would swim all day if you were willing to throw the ball for him that long.  The best of it that he is totally whipped when he's done.  The lazy man's way to exercise your dog.....sit on the beach and repeatedly throw a ball.

Headed home on Sunday afternoon.  On the way out Bill and I saw three bears and on the way back Kelli and I saw five.  We are always amazed at how people hop out of their cars and chase the bears down the ditch trying to get that special photograph.  Duhh....people...that's a mother bear with two babies.  You'd make a great snack.  Ahh....you may be asking about my photograph....I made Kelli get out and take it!  Just kidding.  I have a telephoto lens so I'm not as close as it appears in this shot.   Bill also saw a moose so it was quite the wildlife extravaganza trip  Kind of nice but also disturbing when you see how people drive along highway 83 which has a posted 90 speed limit.  If you drive 100 km per hour, everyone flies by you like you are standing still.  They have a law in BC now that if you are more than plus 40 over the speed limit your vehicle while be confiscated and towed.  I'd sure like to see them do a little more of that enforcement.  We met a guy a couple of years ago who had had that happen to him.  Not a happy camper but if you ask me if you are that much of the speed limit you totally deserve it!

Anyways, hopefully a week of answers and solutions!  Had lots of white rabbits sent my way.  Thankyou all who remembered!

No comments:

Post a Comment