Wednesday 27 June 2012

Have enjoyed a relaxing morning.  Maureen came by and then Gerry dropped in with Katie and her two little fellows.  Katie (my cousin's daughter) married an Irishman and now lives in Waterford, Ireland.  She is home for three weeks for a visit with the kids.  Liam is 2 1/2 and John is 2 months old . Katie travelled here with the two kids all by herself!  I can't even imagine doing that but Katie is very hohum about it.  No big deal!   I guess the kids were great and the trip uneventful!  In any case, I know Trish and Gerry are looking forward to three weeks of Katie and boys!

Not much planned for today.  Think I might bake some cookies for us as the batch I made last night all went to school this morning.  It is a good day for baking, that's for sure.  Not the 23 degrees the weatherman promised.  After that will head to the basement to do my workout.  Not so stiff today so will see if I can get through a little more of the workout today.

Duane did a video of the Ride to Conquer Cancer.  He has posted it on youtube and it is really good!  If you want to get a little idea of what these riders endured have a look!  I think he has really captured the experience!  Thanks for doing that Duane.  It is a great keepsake!  You will find his video at www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFUHWipz-hs   Enjoy!  I'm sure it will inspire all of you to join the ride next year!

1 comment:

  1. Watched the video - that is incredible. I really admire those Honey Badgers, that has got to be the absolute worst riding in wind and rain not to mention sleeping in the pit of mud - that's where I would have lost my mind!
    Congratulations to your entire team - can't wait to see you leading the charge next year! Get out there and start shogging!!!!

    ReplyDelete