Thursday 21 June 2012

Phew...a busy day.  Got up walked the dog and got through my morning routine, then off to school for the grade 6 send off.  Had mixed feelings about going.  Wasn't sure about the reaction I would get from the kids.  Kids are funny.  Some of them are all over you, others totally ignore you, almost like they're mad at you or they've forgotten you.  Glad I went though!  Lots of hugs and high fives and a few tears!  They are just the best those kids and I was so happy to see them. They presented me with a gift of (almost) a 1000 paper cranes in a box along with the book Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes.  The paper cranes are for me to make a wish, and I am certain you can all guess what that wish is!  Sadako is based on a true story about a girl who was the star of her school's running team in Japan. She was in Hiroshima when the US airforce dropped an atom bomb on that city.  Ten years later she died from the radiation from that bomb. During those ten years she had to face the hardest race of her life-the race against time. The book celebrates the courage that made one young woman a heroine in Japan.  If you've never read the story you should.
 Left school and came home.  Took Boomer to Nose Hill then dropped him back here before heading off to the hospital for my hydration session.  Was a little dismayed when I saw who my nurse was.  She is the only one who can never seem to get my vein on the first poke.  I have enough holes in me without adding unnecessary ones.  She is nice but she just can't do it on the first try...EVER!  Again, she's so lucky I'm not my Mom.  Finished there, headed off to run a few more errands and am now home waiting for Bill to get back from Fairmont where he has been enjoying a few days of "normal" with the guys playing golf.  Kelli pulling another 24 hour shift tonight, poor kid!  Her boyfriend arrives for the weekend tonight so that will be a nice change.  We will be out on the bike route on the weekend cheering on the Honey Badgers!  Hope like heck the rain holds off!  Doesn't sound too terrible but there is the possibility of showers.  Cross your fingers!  Weather can make or break an event like this.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackson was so happy to see you...was the first thing he said when he got home!!!

    What a cool gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a precious gift Les!

    ReplyDelete