Monday 25 June 2012

A week into the chemo and no adverse effects, fingers crossed!  Hopefully this will be the pattern for me! Up to take Bill's BMW in this morning and then out for breakfast!  I've been craving pancakes so it was a real treat!  Breakfast seems to be my best meal of the day!

Did a few odds and sods today and then headed up to Nose Hill just before the rain came.  I was walking along, feeling pretty good and don't know if it was the black sky or the mosquitoes that were starting to nibble, or if I just wondered if I could......but it crossed my mind.....could I run?  I looked around to make sure nobody was nearby and then shifted up a gear.  I did a series of walk runs along the flat stretch.  To be honest it was pretty pathetic and I do believe I looked exactly like the 90 year old Asian man who jogs in our ravine every morning but maybe not as good.  Despite this I was quite pleased with myself and am thinking I'm going to start working on it.  I think I was totally inspired by those cyclists yesterday and realize it's time to ramp the fitness program up a notch.  Who knows, maybe the Asian fellow and I could become running buddies, although like most Asians, he's not very fond of black labs!  Came home and headed to the basement to attempt a few "light" weights and I do mean light.  Lasted about 20 minutes and think there's going to be a few muscles I'm going to be aware of tomorrow.

Bill not feeling too terrible today.....a little weary but no aches and pains......no injuries....which is a good thing.  Poor Geoff and Lindsey had to be up bright and early to go to work.  Geoff says he almost slept in but luckily woke up in time.  Haven't heard how Lindsey is faring!  I'm sure most of the team were taking it easy today!!!
Top picture is of some of the Honey Badgers sporting their Leslie's Honey Badger T-Shirts!
Bottom picture, Forever friends Trevor and Gary Gray at the finish.  Do you think they look happy....??

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Honey Badgers! You should be so proud of what you accomplished on the weekend. Too bad the weather wasn't better, but it was obvious from the pictures that you didn't let the rain dampen your sunny dispositions!
    Cheers!
    cgb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about what you look like Leslie - I look like that when I run too! But I think to myself, hey - I'm running, it might not be pretty but it's better than nothing!!!!

      Delete