Monday 18 June 2012

Up and at it this morning and over to the hospital to get all my blood work done.  Then off to the spa with Kelli for anti aging facials.  I now look 40 something and she looks 12!  Tons of fun.  We spent almost three hours there and even had the strawberry/banana/orange smoothies. Sat in the heated ergo metric beds and had an infra red sauna.  Definitely a treat!

Came directly home because they also give you a head massage with all the greasy creams leftover on your face and our hair is definitely less than attractive!  Not to be caught out in public with hair like that!

Thought I would have a message when I got home re. what time my treatment was tomorrow but not.
Called the clinic and my regular nurse was not there today so talked to another who knew nothing about me having chemo tomorrow.  She checked the list and said I wasn't on it and must have said 10 times, "I just don't know what to do."  Then she said she'd call me first thing in the morning which won't work because if I'm having treatment I am supposed to start with the pills tonight.  I'm not going to take the pills if I'm not booked for chemo.  Now she has a call into the nurse practitioner and it is striking me that everyone is totally disorganized on this one.  A little concerning. So here I sit waiting to hear back from them.  May not be starting tomorrow after all!  A little bummed about that because you do get psyched up for it and Geoff was going to come with me tomorrow so I had everything set up to go.

Oh well, worry about what you can control right?  Sounds like this one is out of my control so I will just sit and wait to hear back from them.  In the meantime Boomer is some pissed off because it is time for his afternoon walk and I have to sit by the phone and wait.  Talk about a self centred pet!

Todays quote:  "Don't manage your fear.  Lead your fear.  Take charge.  When fear climbs on your shoulder and starts nattering in your ear, here's what you do.  You stand as a master.  You tell Scaredy Cat where you're going, risks and all and you convert Scaredy Cat into a champion to help you get there. "  -Danielle Laporte

I'm having a few words with Scaredy Cat today!!




No comments:

Post a Comment