Tuesday 26 June 2012

No appointments today!  No hospital visits!  I had a bit of a meltdown today.  I'm very tired of scheduling my life around my appointments.  Maybe it's the weather getting to me!

Up and at it this morning!  Had a GREAT sleep last night!  No feed bag!  I ate enough yesterday that I felt I could skip the night time feed.  No need to get up in the night for multiple visits to the bathroom because of the fluid I'm pumping in.  Felt great to wake up this morning and know I had a solid nights sleep.  Can hardly wait to be done with this night feed stuff and to get rid of this tube.  I want to be able to go swimming this summer.  I want it gone!

Had the biggest treat today!  A letter from a former student.  She tells me she reads this blog so I will tell her here how much her letter meant to me!  Of course I remember you Sam!  I loved your letter and really, really appreciate you taking the time to write to me.  I have had a few letters from students I have taught and they bring a huge smile (as yours did) to my face.  Thankyou Sam! It was wonderful to hear from you!

The sky was threatening so decided to hit Nose Hill early today.  Put on my exercise gear and headed over there with the intent of having a bit of a workout.....I've decided what I'm doing is definitely NOT running, it probably couldn't be called jogging either but a good name for it might be shogging.  I am doing a gait that is a cross between a shuffle and a jog.  Believe you me I take a good look around before I start and make sure there is no one to see me.  I went a little further and shogged a little longer today so hoping it will start to come back to the point I won't have to be a closet shogger!  I am also quite stiff today from the few weights I did yesterday.  I am gaining a whole new appreciation for what people who have never exercised go through when they start an exercise program for the first time.

Now I'm busy baking cookies for my class which I have to sneak to them because teachers are no longer allowed to feed their classes foods that are not on the acceptable list.  I am really worried this might go on my file!  Hmmmm.......Oh well, the kids will appreciate getting Mrs. Sherlock's World Famous Cookies!  I'll worry about the repercussions later!  NOT!

Can anyone tell me when summer is arriving?  We are planning to head out to the lake for a couple of days on Sunday and I'm taking my clubs!  I can hardly wait.  Was shining up my balls today!  I don't give a hoot how I play.  Just to be out there is going to be such a treat!  Will be back Wednesday though because Kathy is taking me out to see Jersey Boys for my birthday and I have a Thursday appointment but if the weather is good I will head back on the weekend.


1 comment:

  1. According to my weather reader.....MAYBE tomorrow???

    Have fun golfing!!!!

    ReplyDelete