Thursday 28 June 2012

Before I get started I need to remind everyone that tomorrow is the last day of June!  Meaning......of course....White Rabbits....rabbits....or whatever you think might work!  I have become quite superstitious, picking up pennies on the ground as long as they are lying with tails up etc.  Figure I'll try anything!  I will remind you all again tomorrow but thought I'd plant the seed today!

Finally a little summer today.  Met Brenda at Friends for coffee.  They are just back from their Alaska cruise and brought me a signed copy of a book called The Lance Mackey Story.  It is the story of a dog musher who had outstanding race success, making the record books after emerging from addiction and after surviving cancer.  I can hardly wait to read it.

Did a little retail therapy today but on Kelli's money, not mine.  Geoff gave her a gift card for Golf Town (I never thought I'd see the day!).  She has decided she would like to play and likes my rescue club so Geoff bought her a gift card so she could get one.  We have tee times booked to play with Dad both Monday and Tuesday.  I am very excited.  We are actually heading out to Harvest Hills tonight with Jenifer and Gary.  Probably not the smartest course to play your first round and the mosquitoes are brutal but I am looking forward to it!
Tomorrow have to go to the Foothills for hydration and then we are going to Trish and Gerry's for dinner!  Our first invite out since my surgery and I will be able to eat with everyone! Life is actually starting to feel quite normal except for all these appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment