Friday 29 June 2012

Guess I was a day ahead of myself yesterday.  Tomorrow is the last day of the month so I will give you your "White Rabbit" reminder then.

Got out for my first golf game of the year yesterday.  Harvest Hills is a tough little executive 9.  I don't think I have ever broken 50 on it.  There are sooooo many sand traps and so much trouble to get into and all four of us found it.  I didn't go out with high expectations.  My first drive was like a wet noodle. I think I was afraid to take a full swing at it.  There were a few seconds of silence from my golf companions and then they all said "Do it again."  So out came a second ball and the hit, although not my best by any means was semi respectable.  From there I whiffed a couple of times on the next shot.....(thank you Jenifer for not laughing).  I'm thinking..."Oh boy this is going to be BAD."  BUT it got progressively better and I had an absolute ball.  it was so fun to be out with friends enjoying something we like to do together.  I even walked the nine .....  Summer is suddenly looking a whole lot more fun with things to do!!!

I have a great story for you!  It has nothing to do with me or my health......but you all know how much I like to tell stories and this is a true one.

Bill's brother Dick was down last night to join the Honey Badgers on the ride to Conquer Cancer.  His oldest son, Mark, is a fisherman up in the Queen Charlotte Islands.  He and his crew were out fishing awhile back and came across a pod of Orcas.  The Orcas were going after a group of porpoises and managed to single one out of the group.  They attacked and killed it and then proceeded to eat it and the crew of the boat watched the whole thing.  Not long after this an 800 lb. Sea Lion came along and the Orcas went after him.  They were bashing him up pretty good when the Seal Lion spotted the fishing boat.  They had the ramp down to haul in the nets and the Seal Lion managed to get to the boat and pulled himself up onto the boat.  He sat on the boat for 40 minutes hissing and growling at the Orcas as they circled waiting for him to come back in the water.  Finally the Orcas left and the Sea Lion cautiously got back into the ocean.  He didn't swim off though, he swam alongside the boat, checking the horizon every so often to see if the whales were coming back.  After half an hour or so, he finally took off on his own.  The sad part of this story is that no one on the boat had a camera!  I thought this was an amazing story and thought you might enjoy it!  I know we did!

Off to the hospital shortly for my hydration session then to Trish and Gerry's for dinner!  Have a great Canada Day weekend and don't forget your White Rabbits!

2 comments:

  1. Great story Leslie!! Do you know how much I love reading your blog?? Thank you for doing it!!

    Happy Canada Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No camera but a memory for a lifetime! Cool story it is!!! I am not sure I would have wanted to watch the first part where they ate the porpoise but I guess that's the food chain!

    ReplyDelete