Friday 22 June 2012

Today was my appointment with the ENT Doctor to address the issue of the vocal cords and swallow.  Two appointments this afternoon.  The first was a scope to see if the vocal cords were moving.  It would appear that both cords have some movement, one, more than the other which would account for the improvement in my voice.  This was good news, although there are still issues which hopefully will resolve themselves over the next few months.  From there they sent me up to Neurology where they stuck a bunch of needles in my neck (very uncomfortable)  Interestingly, the neurologist said that there was movement on the left side but not on the right.  The surgeon thought he had damaged the left nerve and had just stretched the right and on the scope it appeared that the right cord was moving better than the left so kind of contradictory.  I'm starting to think that some of medicine is just a guessing game, not an exact science.  So really not much new, other than there is some improvement and hopefully over the next couple of months the muscles will start to work the way they are supposed to.  The good news is that my cords are closing and opening which means I am less likely to aspirate. So we're back to a wait and see game.  See them again in three months and can just cross my fingers that things will continue to move in the right direction.

Maureen cooked us supper tonight.  Pasta to fuel the cyclist.  Delicious supper!  I always enjoy someone else's cooking way more than my own!  Getting spoiled here.  Bill busy getting everything organized for the ride. Tomorrow we will head out to the route to see if we can cheer the team on.  Hoping the weather will clear over night as it does not look great out there at the moment. Cloudy will be fine.  Downpour Not!  Go Honey Badgers!  You have done an amazing job of your fundraising and I have no doubt each of you will complete the ride in the same amazing fashion1

1 comment: