Wednesday 20 June 2012

Started the pill regime part of this treatment today.  Got up and had my breakfast then went through the actions of getting the pills ready.  As I mentioned yesterday, one of the pills they are giving me is humungous.  Fortunately I am allowed to cut them (you can't cut all pills) so I was very relieved about that.  However, the precautions you have to take are mind boggling.  Rubber gloves, wash your hands throughly afterwards, even though wearing gloves, have a separate pill cutter,  Make sure everything is thoroughly washed and don't touch anything.  Very toxic stuff.  As I was swallowing it I could't help thinking this is incredible.  It is so toxic that I shouldn't touch it, yet I'm popping it in my mouth!
The good news is that I'm feeling good so far.  Could be the stiff anti nausea drugs they have me on which I take until tomorrow.  Then we'll see what happens from that point forward.  Hopefully I will tolerate it as well as I did the first round.  I'm crossing my fingers and toes.

We had a busy day.  Headed off to Nose Hill and had a walk with Jenifer and Kelli.  From there we headed to Market Mall for a little Retail Therapy.  Bought myself some fancy rubber boots.....a sure fire guarantee that the sun is going to shine and the rain will be over!  Bought a few other odds and sods and came home to find an amazing gift on my front doorstep.  My good friend Judy painted the most beautiful Sunflower picture for me.  I called to thank her and to ask how she knew sunflowers were my favourite flower.  She didn't know.....so just a lucky guess.  The painting is gorgeous and I have just the spot for it.  I especially enjoyed one of the quotes she included with the painting  "KEEP YOUR FACE TO THE SUNSHINE AND YOU CANNOT SEE THE SHADOW.  IT'S WHAT SUNFLOWERS DO."  Helen Keller

Kelli and I had planned to go to a movie tonight but we finally looked at each other and said almost simultaneously we really didn't feel like going tonight. Instead we will put on our PJs and watch So You Think You Can Dance!  Sounds like a relaxing night to me.

Tomorrow have a few things planned.  Hoping to get to the school for the grade 6 graduation but have told my teaching partner, Rebecca to not tell the kids in case I don't make it.  I'm just taking each day at a time seeing how I feel.  Need to get through this first cycle and then I should have a better idea of what to expect.  For now I'm avoiding making much in the way of long range plans just in case.  Have to be at the hospital at 2:30 for hydration and not thrilled about that because it looks like tomorrow is going to be the nicest day of the week.  They wanted me to see the nurse practitioner at 11 Am and then had me booked for hydration at 2:30.  Not happening.  I'm not going to spend my entire day at the hospital so called the nurse and said I'd go for the hydration but I was going to cancel meeting her.  I've already seen her twice in the past few days, have no concerns at the moment so feel the visit with her would be exactly that....a visit.  I'll save those appointments for when I need them.

Hopefully will be good on the weekend as I am really looking forward to going out and cheering on my Honey Badgers!  Also hopeful that the weather will be decent for them.....No rain and only tail winds!  Next week I'm going to haul out my golf clubs and give it a try.  Can hardly wait!

4 comments:

  1. Hoping to see you tomorrow my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Saved a chair for you.

    R

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to Amaze me.. I will continue to Give you My Great BIG Hugs...
    xoxo
    Lorna..

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not the steps that matter Leslie but the journey. Gudrun

    ReplyDelete