Wednesday 12 June 2013

Another bit of a rough night.  I am going to give these meds another day and then will go to the higher test stuff.  A good nights sleep really makes a huge difference on how I function the next day.  I saw a Doctor Hagen at the pain clinic on Monday and it turns out I taught his daughter a number of years back.  Small world!

I spent the day pretty close to home putzing around and getting a few things ready for Father's Day.  Had a couple of visitors and a phone call from the Calgary Herald wanting to do a story on me and the Honey Badgers.  It is supposed to come out in Saturdays' paper so we'll see.  I must confess the many times the newspaper promised to come out to our Terry Fox Events at the school and then we got preempted by bigger news has left me wondering if the article will run.  She did seem interested in my story though, and the story of the Honey Badgers so perhaps this time our team will get a little well deserved recognition.  We have slipped to sixth place in the overall team standings and are hoping like heck that we can hang in the top ten.  If we raise another five thousand dollars the team will have raised a grand total of $200,000 over the past two years.  Pretty awesome for a small group when most of the teams above us are huge corporate groups.  We have our friends and family to thank for this.  Your generosity and support has been overwhelming and we cannot thank you enough.

We had planned to head out to Windermere yesterday but I really need to stabilize on these new meds and told my Dad we won't come until I have things under control.  Hopefully that is going to happen in the next little bit.  It's putting a little bit of a wrench in my bike riding.

Hoping to see some of you out at the ride in a couple of weeks to cheer the team on.  We'd absolutely love that!



No comments:

Post a Comment