Saturday 22 June 2013

I'm just sitting between periods of the hockey game and decided to send off todays blog.  I just got off the phone to Kelli.  It is her birthday tomorrow!  Hard to believe my baby is going to be 28!!!  Happy Birthday Baby Bear!  She decided not to come home for the weekend once the ride was cancelled which both Bill and I thought was the sensible thing.  Crazy to rush back for a day and a half of visiting, then rush back out to Vancouver again Sunday night to do a presentation of her Research Paper on Monday morning.  At least,  I thought it was sensible until she told me what she thought she might do tomorrow to celebrate her birthday.  She and frienss are considering going SKY DIVING tomorrow, symbollic of a giant leap forward.  I thought she was leaping pretty good already!  On the more positive side I did detect a hint of uncertaintity in her voice and would not be the slightest bit disaappointed if she stuck to brunch out with some friends!  That sounds so much better.....try a new food!    But sky diving????  I honestly can't say too much because when I was her age it was always high on my list of must dos.  Fortunately, over time I lost my desire to do this and am hoping like heck that she experiences the same sensation but over the next 24 hours instead!

My friend Kathy drove in from Gull Lake this morning.  She was supposed to attend a backyard wedding today, however, the bride and groom have decided to put it off until later in July.  Instead she came and picked me up to go for a little retail therapy.  Now if you know my friend Kathy this is too funny!  Retail theraoy is never high on her list of things to do but she is in charge of prizes for a small golf tournament and thought I might like to tag along.  It was a good idea.  I have had a pretty quiet week since going on these new drugs and have only been out a few times.  Time to get off the pot and get back at it.  We finished our therapy, grabbed a bite of lunch and came back home to squeeze in just a little more visiting time.  I told Bill I was surorised she even came given the fact that the wedding was cancelled and he told me she was worried about me and needed to lay her own eyes on me first hand.  I'm not sure that's too reassuring to most people these days but hopefully as I get my systems adjusted to all these new drugs things will imrove.

Last night I dropped in at a friends Margarita Mommies Party!  Great little get together.  Shared some pretty good chuckles with some pretty awesome women and headed home around 10 to let these girls really get down to the business of having a party!  They had lots to celebrate last night and it was ramping up to look like a pretty fantastic evening!

Tomorrow I will post a special birthday video for Kelli on Facebook that was to be played at the finish line of the Ride To Conquer Cancer tomrrow.  Be sure to check it out....there's some pretty special talent featured!

No comments:

Post a Comment