Friday 28 June 2013

Getting to be that time of the month.  Actually got this off a website that advertises 100 photos of bunnies to bring you luck for the whole year!  Monday morning!  Canada Day and White Rabbits!  Perhaps all the luck should be forwarded on to flood victims this month!

Trying to stay positive, patient and to persevere.  On the positive side of things Geoff sent me a good one today….  "THINK POSITIVE For example:  I fell down the stairs today and thought, Wow! I sure fell down those stairs fast!" -unknown

I am starting to slide into this routine of moving slowly and taking the day as it unfolds.  I notice Bill has stopped saying "What are you going to do today?"  Even Geoff called tonight and said "How is your day?" so I guess they are listening.

Kelli's graduation was lovely last night.  We were so sorry to not be there but it sounded like it was a special evening for all who were!  She is home Sunday afternoon and starts her new program at 6 AM Monday morning!

Today actually was quite productive.  I actually completed my 1988 photo album.  As metionned earlier  I am having to restore some of my old albums where you just peeled back the plastic covering and stuck in your pics.  I have noticed as of late the photos are starting to yellow and have come to realize that if I don't do something about it I'm going to lose these momentos of my family growing up.  It has been a huge job but I have now redone three of my albums and still have a few to go.  It is like a wonderful trip down memory lane.  I don't know about the rest of you but I tend to put all this work into my albums and then they sit on the shelf only to come off on the rare occasion we are looking for something specific.  Last week my sister in law was here and I hauled up my West Coast Trail albums. You may not look at those albums a lot but when you do I must say you sure do appreciate the effort you put into them.  1988 has been a joyful experience.  I just smile when I see how busy we were as a family.  Summer holidays at the lake, block parties, birthday parties, the landscaping of our current home, kayak trips, and numerous back country horse pack/fishing trips, stampede breakfasts, visits to the zoo and Butterfield Acres.  They are all there!  Along with that you come to realize how much time was spent with certain families and just how long some of these people have been an important part of your life.   Our kids literally grew up alonside these friends and although over time we may have drifted the memories have lingered and make you want to get together again.  You laugh at the range of hairstyles and fashion.  My God....did I really wear that!?  Cringe!

So tonight I added 1988 to the shelf in the Family room.  Tomorrow I will decide what to tackle next.  It is a pretty good project to take on given my current state.

How was the day?  Perhaps a little better,  it's hard to say for sure.  I think this is going to be one of those recoveries that will turn around and then slowly climb back to where I start to feel some of my energy levels return.  It isn't going to be a wake up one morning and go...Wow....I'm better, that's for sure.  Think I'll go play 18 holes of golf today!

I continue to watch the efforts of people cleaning up their homes and admire those of you who are showing up in those distressed areas to help out.  Maureen is baking muffins for millions tomorrow.  She is not sure how to go about distributing them but from what I've seen this doesn't really seem to be a huge problem.  Lindsey's Mom Terry made hundreds of sandwiches last weekend and she and her friend Shelia drove down and handed those out.  I have heard stories of others putting on their rubber boots and showing up shovel and broom in hand to aide with the cleaning up. I wish there was more that I could do myself but know how much I admire each of you who is taking the time and effort, not to say contributing your finances to helping these people.  I can't help but think that this will have long reaching impact both on those who are on the receiving end and those on the giving end.  Admirable!

No comments:

Post a Comment