Sunday 2 June 2013

Today was really the nicest day we have had since arriving in Vancouver.  We decided it would be a good day to go for a bike ride.  We only did 40 km but we were on our bikes for almost four hours so the bums got some breaking in on the bike seats.  It was a little slow going around the seawall as I think just about everyone who owns a bike in Vancouver was out there today.  Still, a beautiful day for a ride and I certainly didn't care that we weren't travelling at high speed.
Boomer has had his walks today and is a happy camper.  Last night he was banished to the truck at bedtime.  Kelli was absolutely pooped and I didn't think she needed to spend the night listening to Boomer's snores, his dreams (he actually seems to run and whine at the same time in his dreams.....very dynamic and funny to watch when you are awake but not so funny when you yourself are trying to get some shut eye!) and his scratching.  He is not a dog you want in your room at night, that's for sure!
We got back from our ride around 4 PM.  Boomer and I headed off to the river for our third walk of the day and Bill disappeared into the trailer.  When Kelli attempted to get in the door was locked!  Have you seen that commercial where the Dad is in a cellar eating some kind of cereal and his kid discovers him.  Well, we had a similar incident here.....not cereal mind you....DORITOS!!!  He's hiding in the trailer eating Doritos!  He did let Kelli in and I happened to walk in and caught both of them stuffing their cheeks with chips!  Bill insists I would be much better off if I would eat more things with preservatives!  Perhaps he's right!  Still, it's a sad state when you discover both your husband and daughter are closet Dorrito eaters!  Tonight we decided to go out for dinner.  We just randomly picked a little Greek Restaurant nearby and enjoyed our meal tremendously.

Tomorrow Kelli is back to work at the clinic and I of course have my appointment regarding my whacky blood!  Honestly, my gut feeling is that they are not going to have an explanation tomorrow.  More likely, I'm thinking they will want to pursue more tests.  I've been through this before....let the testing begin.  The doctors are all down east this weekend at an Oncologists Conference and I suspect I may be the topic of some discussions.  Maybe one of those brilliant minds will come up with a suggestion!  Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment