Friday 21 June 2013

One of those days where I have literally done nothing but read a book!  I did have a pretty good last night last night.  Must confess methadone is an amazing pain killer but it does not come without its side effects and I have been experiencing some of those.  As you know from my previous experiences with narcotics, I do not handle them well.  Last night I climbed into bed and decided to read my book for a few minutes before attempting to go to sleep.  About 5 minutes in my reading I noticed troical fish swimming around on the ceiling of my bedroom and these were pretty spectacular ones.....they were actually sparkly!!  The good news is that I know exactly what is causing the hallucinations for the most part and have not had the more serious paranoid, delusional behaviour I had after my first surgery.  After awhile the fish changed into colorful lanterns.  Kind of like having your own personal fireworks display before shutting down for the night.  I did wake up once in the night and found myself staring down a cannonball hanging from the ceiling.  So weird.  I did call my doctor today as he wanted me to report any unusual findings and I'd say these are a little on the unusual side.

I had a chuckle reading a facebook conversation today between two friends.  One was saying she had heard they were going to put the big cats in the jail cells at the remand center.  The other friend assured her that was not the case.  Bill worked on the 100 year flood plan a few years back and yes, there was a contingency plan to house the lions at the remand center if needed.  So far, I don't think they have gone there, but friend #1 was totally right!  It is in the action plan for evacuating zoo animals.

It has been really cool to watch how Calgarians have rallied their support behind the thousands of people who have been displaced.  I saw a couple of families who made over 400 sandwiches for the drop in center and have admiration for those who have offered to open their homes to people in need.  I cant help but think how heart breaking it would be to be in a position of possibly losing your home and just heard on the news there have been four reported deaths.  I just talked to Dad out in Winderemere.  Last year Montainside Golf Course pretty much lost half the course due to mud slides for most of the season.  Today three of the holes had mud slides again.  We also heard of friends who live down by Chain Lakes who are in danger of losing their home to a raging stream that is currently threatening their home.  So glad we live on high ground but feel for those who do not!

I am hoping to drop into a house party tonight but will only go briefly if I do go. Feeling a little couped up today and  pulling my nose out of the book and being a little social might be a good thing for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment