Saturday 29 June 2013

Not sure what happening with the dates on my blog.  I do put in the proper date but have noticed they are coming up differently.  Will have to check with one of my techy kids in the next couple of days and see if we can figure out what is happening there.

Things continuing on in a similar fashion.  I have just made the decision to hang out at home until I'm ready to be out and about.  I seem to be able to entertain myself with very little at the moment and tasks that I would normally complete in no time seem to take longer.  Thanks to those of you who have offered up suggestions on how to deal with this.  My friend Colleen suggested I set small goals for myself....and then try to stick to them.  Todays goal was to clean up my photo supplies which I have had spread all over a table in Kelli's bedroom.  This is not exactly a small goal but I took quite awhile to do it and yes...goal was accomplished.  I also managed to get her bed changed which, you might laugh or cry......was a bit of an aerobic workout and when it was done I actually felt I had earned the right to lay down on it!  This is unreal!  I have never felt like this in my entire life.  Still, I am puttering and telling myself this is going to get better.....I just have to give my body time to get jump started.  We actually barbecued a steak tonight.  I haven't been eating a lot of meat, mostly chicken and seafood but figured a little iron rich Alberta beef might help.  I know Boomer and Bill appreciated sinking their teeth into something a little more solid tonight.  You can only eat so much fish and chicken.

We are loving this weather!  It has been awhile getting here but hopefullyl summer has in fact arrived.  I am quite anxious to get out to the lake for some golf and we are crossing our fingers that this might happen in the next week or so.  I think both Bill and I could use a change of scenery.  I keep trying to encourage him to go and work on a job he is in the middle of but I know he feels reluctant to leave me for long periods.  Silly really because I'm really not that sociable.  Oh well, we all deal with this differently.  Anyways....I'm sure teachers were doing the dance of joy today!  Two months of freedom! Two months to regenerate!!!  Ranchlands is getting a facelift next year.  Sounds like there are some  big changes in the wind!  It will be a good thing.  Time for a change!

Smile though your heart is aching 
Smile even though it's breaking 
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by 
If you smile through your fear and sorrow 
Smile and maybe tomorrow 
You'll see the sun come shining through for you 

Light up your face with gladness 
Hide every trace of sadness 
Although a tear may be ever so near 
That's the time you must keep on trying 
Smile, what's the use of crying? 
You'll find that life is still worthwhile 
If you just smile 

That's the time you must keep on trying 
Smile, what's the use of crying? 
You'll find that life is still worthwhile 
If you just smile

1 comment:

  1. You are in my heart, thoughts and prayers again this morning. Sending you peace, energy & love,
    Marj Tite Aucoin

    ReplyDelete