Thursday 6 June 2013

So sorry to those of you who have been worrying about me.  Not really kind to write my last blog and leave everyone hanging for two days.  Not to worry.  We decided that our best course of action was to return to Calgary once I learned I would not be considered for the trial.  I have been having some stomach issues and thought it might be better to be on home turf if I needed medical attention.  We left Vancouver on Tuesday morning and drove to Lac Le Jeune which is about 20 kilometres west of Kamploops.  We found a lovely provincial campground right on the lake and spent the night there.  Of course one of the downsides of lovely provincial campgrounds is that there are no services and no internet....hence no blog.  Yesterday we left Kamloops and continued on to Calgary.  We had considered stopping in Windermere for a couple of days but again, the way I've been feeling I just wanted to be back home in my own space.  We arrived home last night and I didn't even want to look at my computer let alone write a blog entry.  So apologies to those of you who have been fretting.

My tummy issues continue.  It seems to happen mostly at night when I go to bed.  I've been popping tylenlol and that's been working but last night I decided I really wanted a good sleep and took a sleeping pill, something I never do, on top of the tylenol.  Well, it would appear that I do not have a normal response to sleeping pills either.  I spent my night wandering around the house like a total zombie with a tummy ache!  I went from bed to couch to chair to another bed.  Although I thought I had not slept a wink Bill assured me he did find me sleeping in various locations throughout the night.  Finally at 5:30 we decided enough was enough and we would go to the Emergency and find out what the heck was causing me these issues.  We lucked out as it would seem most people don't go to Emergency that time of day and we got in fairly quickly.  Had lots of blood work and some xrays taken of my gut and chest and everything came back OK.  So I suspect it might just be a case of needing to get back to my normal way of eating and living.  Three road trips to Vancouver in just over a month is maybe a little more than I'm up for.  I did come home with some prescriptions and fingers crossed that with a little more attention to lifestyle I can turn this around.  I must confess though when you start getting these aches and pains and general feelings of not feeling well it scares you.  It was very reassuring to hear that they could not detect anything that would be giving me these issues.

I am struggling with the news that my friend Sandy passed away this morning from complications related to her lung transplant.  Her husband, Bill, described her as a beautiful angel which is probably the most fitting description one could give her.  The world is a little emptier tonight with her passing.  Sandy was a spunky, lively, fun loving person.  She truly was one of those sparkly people who despite her diminutive size could light up a room.  She will be missed!

2 comments:

  1. Yes. It's been a very sad day. Sandy was such a positive force in all of our lives. I will really miss her. You, as well, are a positive force. Keep fighting. We are all thinking and praying for you.
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, so so sorry to hear about your friend Sandy. I felt like I knew her since you spoke so often and with such love and admiration for her in your blog!!! My thoughts are with you as you reflect on the loss of your dear friend!!! I send all my strength to you to help you through this difficult time with your friend's passing and the little bump in the road for your own fight - keep going girl - you can do it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete