Thursday 20 June 2013

A bit of a Bummer Day for all of us today to find out that the ride has been postponed until August 10/11 due to flooding conditions in Southern Alberta. I know I have been struggling as I try to get adjusted to all the new medications I have been prescribed, however, I was still feeling well enough that I know I would have been able to participate and enjoy the experience!  Now I am back into the uncertainty of the future and as always there is no crystal ball to gaze into to tell me what August 10 and 11th are going to look like.  On the negative side.....well, we just won't go there at least not with the written word, however on the flip side it is quite possible that I may be having a positive response to the medications and will be ready to take the bull by the horns, or at least the bike by it's handle bars and make a respectable showing!  Only time will tell and there is absolutely no point in worrying and fretting over what I cannot change. The kids may also have issues in August as it is prime holiday time and they, at this point do not have that weekend off!  Hopefully, some good friend will step up and do a sub for them.  It would be so unfair if they could not do this ride after all they have done to organize us and help us raise our funds.  Only time will tell and there is absolutely no point in worrying and fretting over what I have no control over.   I have preached that rule to myself over and over so why would I change it up now!  Today was a very quiet day.  I had lots of visitors yesterday which was awesome but today I decided if I was going to be riding on Saturday I should be banking up on rest and making certain that I was as rested as possible.  I went for a walk with Boomer, puttered around the house for a bit and then had an hour nap.  Of course Bill arrived home when I was napping and was immediately concerned that I was sleeping.  Napping is something I so rarely do during the day but I assured him I was fine....just taking advantage of the location and kind of day it turned out to be.

So for now I'll try to keep up some cycling and will be thinking about pulling out the clubs again.  I have appointments next week but if they go well, i suspect we will get out and smack a few balls!

1 comment:

  1. Ah Leslie. Think of how much more you will be prepared for the ride in August. This is just a little bump in the road. You will overcome!!
    Hugs - Bernice

    ReplyDelete