Monday 17 June 2013

Settling back into the routine of hospital visits, doctors appointments and bloodwork.  It has been so nice to not be doing all of that these past few months but the vacation is over and it's time to wage war once again.

Bill and I headed over to the Foothills and I had my bloodwork done first thing this morning.  Monday mornings always seem to be the busiest.  Start of the week I guess and people need to be monitored.  We left there and headed out for brunch.  I think Bill always tries to put a little positive spin on my appointments.  He is so sweet that way and I sometimes wonder if he knows how much I appreciate these small acts that happen so frequently.

After breakfast we headed home and ran into Kelli parked at the side of the road about a block from our house.  She has been anxiously awaiting her final exam results.  They were supposed to come out last week on Wednesday, then sent out an email that said the marks would not be out until Friday.  On Friday, another email saying for sure the 17th.  We waited in our vehicle on the other side of the road wanting to be the first to know.  Honestly, I had no doubt she would pass.  One of her faults has always been to sell herself short but I guess there was one aspect of the exam that many people struggle on and she knows several very smart people who have had to do this more than once.  The good news was that even if she hadn't passed it would not have impacted her plans to do her R3 year in Emergency next year and that .....WOW....you get to write the second time for half price!  The darn thing costs close to $5000 to write!  I told her to come home as we had a little something for her.  Bill and I purchased a set of diamond studs for her.  We had planned to give them to her when she went back to Vancouver for the graduation dinner but we have decided to bow out of this part.  These past couple of weeks have been a little tough and although I am definitely improved I'm still not back to where I want to be.  We all feel a fourth trip to Vancouver (Even though we would fly this time) is not something I need to do.  Kelli says most of the residents in her program will be attending without family members and she's fine with us not going.  I'm not sure if she is just saying that.....hopefully not but I know she wants what's best for me at this point and if I went there and didn't feel well I would only spoil the event for her!

I do have a photo of the first day of Medical School but be darned if I can find it amongst my vast collection of pics.  Will keep looking and will add it if I find it! Here are a couple of the graduation pictures from Med School!  Seems sooooo long ago!!!






There were at least five Honey Badgers on the road today, riding to Ghost Dam.  A good day for a ride!  I was on the website doing some cruising today.  I have had some last minute donations (thank you) and have now personally raised close to $11,600.  The team have now surpassed $119,000 and are holding tenaciously on to our fifth place position.  I also noted that overall I am in the top 100 fundraisers for the event which makes me smile!

My brother and his wife dropped in this afternoon and we managed to polish off a plate of cookies and tea over a nice visit!

Later, I had a nice long walk with Boomer in the ravine after the rain storm passed through.  It was lovely out there and for once the mosquitoes were not too terrible.  Got home and had my dinner while Kelli and Geoff took Bill out for his fathers day evening consisting of dinner at Peters and the movie Star Trek!!!  Burp...they'll all be well greased for the weekend upcoming ride!!! I'm enjoying a quiet evening of hockey and the finale of The Voice!




No comments:

Post a Comment