Saturday 1 June 2013

White Rabbits!  White Rabbits!  My phone was busy chirping it up this morning.  Thanks to all who forwarded their white rabbits on to me!  I must confess I was a tad negative about my Rabbit Power yesterday, expressing my feeling that maybe the rabbits haven't been doing their job!  Despite this I did wake up at 3 AM to say my White Rabbits....just in case.  And then this morning I got a couple of wonderful emails from my friend Barb.  I love Barbs emails.  They are always so eloquent and she has the beautiful gift of descriptive expression!  I think she should write a book!  In any case I want to share her wise words to me this morning because the light suddenly went on in this brain of mine!  Of course I have had the luck of the rabbits all year.  I've just been focussing on a different end instead of the one that has been the most important all along!  Read on and you will see what I mean.

Words from a wise friend!  I love her for steering me straight and hope she doesn't mind me sharing these emails that really gave me a huge boost this morning!  There is so much wisdom in them!

#1. Life is so full of opposites - the black, the white, the sour, the sweet, the rain, the sun - and with those white rabbits there ride the dark horseman, and with the joy, the tears. Sometimes I think life is all of this, riding the crests of the waves, then being dashed to the bottom of the troughs where we can see nothing from suddenly seeing as far as the world can stretch.  My prayers are that this wonderful body of yours is once again playing its own tune - I love your story about your liver....... Again with love and white rabbits jumping everywhere!!


#2.  I know, I know, BC rain can be pretty depressing but....I’m getting a little discouraged that all this rabbit luck hasn’t been paying off .......

So here I am to tell it from my point of view just across the water......

Those white rabbits have had you skiing down hills, scuba diving in the luscious tropics of the world, given your daughter Vancouver and Calgary to complete this last year's work, sent you photos from your son from around the world, had you biking up and down hills (ok, so you left a lung or two). They've given you 1 million friends who care so deeply for you and your family that you are in their thoughts and prayers ALL the time. The bunnies have hovered just above your shoulders, behind your rear, have been the wings on your feet.......the breath of the wind......the love in Boomer's eyes, the strength in Bill......

Ah, my dearest friend - those white bunnies with their rabbit luck..........they just do it anonymously, through others, through spirit..... 

With love
Barb.




Today is a day of quiet for me.  Bill has gone off for a bike ride where he isn't constantly pulling over and waiting for me to chug up the hills.  Kelli arrived around noon today and she and I are just hanging out.  I am going to take her on mine and Boomer's favourite river walk in a bit.  Other than that....a day to just chill!  Tomorrow the sun is predicted to shine and I will venture out once again on my bike.  Many Honey Badgers on the road today.  Geoff and Lindsey and a group of others were doing some riding up in the Banff/Canmore area.  Maureen and Duane were tackling the route to Cochrane, Bill is somewhere cruising down Marine Drive!  Go HOney Badgers Go!!!  (We are now just short of $105,000)

2 comments:

  1. Barb is truly insightful. Those rabbits are there for you my friend. Keep watching for them.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, you are wise. Thank you for giving these wonderful words of wisdom to Leslie who has shared them with us. That is your spirit, Les, sharing yourself, sharing what comes your way. Tons of love and hugs to you and your family.
    Marj Tite Aucoin xoxo

    ReplyDelete