Sunday 9 June 2013

Still having issues at night with my stomach which affects my sleep.  Tomorrow I have an appointment at the pain clinic and hopefully they can recommend something.  Bill's brother thinks it's probably related to my overactive spleen and that once I start on the medication things should return to normal.

My pal Kathy, now back from her trip to Tuscany, Croatia and Slovania, called me this morning and suggested we do a walk.  I have not met her new lab, George, so jumped at the chance.  She arrived here around eleven with a rather large chocolate labrador......I think she said he's close to a hundred pounds.  Makes my Boomer look like a chihauhau!  We headed over to the off leash park and decided to do the long loop today.  Probably not the best decision as we did not make it back to our cars without being pelted with rain.  Still, a lovely walk and a great visit.  Sounds like a wonderful trip she and her sister took.  She brought me back a jar of "truffles" which I'm anxious to try.  I've heard of them but never actually eaten them!






From the off leash park I headed over to Golf Town to get my driver regripped.  I should be able to really let it rip next week when we head out to the lake for a few days of golf.  

Got home to find Bill out planting the garden.  We had more or less decided a garden was not to be this year with us being in Vancouver for at least a month straight,  but now that the plan has changed he decided to put in a few things and spent the entire day out turning dirt and planting seeds!  I'm excited.....we can start harvesting carrots in 62 days!  At least that's what it says on the package!

My neighbour, and good friend Connie dropped over with the article I was looking for from the Globe and Mail.  It is quite an interesting read on some of the innovative treatments they are using in a place called Sunnybrook in Toronto.  Really sounds promising for some types of cancers.  Might be worth looking into, although I think I should first give this next drug a chance and see what happens.  We are still hopeful that this new course we have taken is a better alternative than the drug trial I was supposed to be involved in.  Who knows.  You just gotta give it a try!  

So tomorrow I am off to the clinic and later the Sherlock Honey Badgers (except for me) will be doing a ride out towards Cochrane once again.  Everyone is getting quite pumped for the ride in two weeks, although we were a little taken back to see that there is no lunch stop until the 89 km mark!!!  The team has raised almost $110,000 but we have slipped to sixth place and have another team hot on our heals.  Still, I think we will maintain our top ten status which is totally and absolutely awesome, thanks to all of you who have thrown your support behind us!  Hugs and thanks to every single Honey Badger and each of their supporters.

A friend sent this to me today and I had to shake my head.  I cannot tell you how many times this thought would flit through my mind long, long before I was diagnosed with cancer.  You see it so often, a life altering event, a health diagnosis, the loss of someone important to you, a change in your job status, poor choices....... It's scary how fast things can change.  This kind of hit home!


No comments:

Post a Comment