Monday 24 June 2013

Still trucking along but continue to have some issues which I'm pretty certain are related to these drugs they have been feeding me.  Powerful stuff.  I have handled most of the drugs really well, but suspect I'm not as strong as I used to be and they are starting to take their toll.  Mostly the problems are fatigue related but for me this has rarely been a problem and I have usually been able to barrel right through the fatigue.  Not so much now. I have not seen the doctor for a couple of weeks now and have appointments tomorrow so am hoping they can tweak some of the meds or at least offer some suggestions as to how I can deal with the problems I've been having. The good news is that I am sleeping much better at night which makes a huge difference.   Did get out and had lunch with Jenifer today which was really nice.  I haven't seen her in awhile.  We had planned to go out, however, the coffee shop was so busy we just decided to go back to her house for a sandwich.  Nice to just sit and have a bit of a visit!  She and Gary are looking forward to packing up and heading out to the Shuswap later in the week and for the first time thought they would be able to stay for the entire summer.  Unfortunately, they will have one trip home for the ride in August but other than that they won't have their usual back and forth travels as they have had for so many years when Gary was working full time.  Ahh the joy of retirement or in Gary's case semi-retirement!  So lovely to have the time to enjoy the places you love to be!

Geoff and Lindsey dropped by.  They just completed their latest work tour and are both shaking their heads at the stupidity and selfishness of "some" people.  You would think with the state of emergency the city is in that people would stop and consider the reasons they are calling the ambulance service.  Not so.  It is quite unbelievable what some people, fortunately not all, consider an emergency.

Just heard the long range forecast.  They are forecasting some pretty awesome dry weather ahead with forecasted highs of plus thirty as early as next week.  Wouldn't that be lovely?  I really want to get out to the lake to spend some time with Dad but have heard that the trans Canada is closed "indefinitely" and that to get there you have to take the long way round via the Crows Nest Pass, making a normally 3 hour drive a 5 hour trip.  Combine this with the July 1st weekend and it could be an ugly trip.  May just sit tight until things resolve themselves with highway travel.  I'm sure they will get something in place sooner than later so will make my decision a little later in the week. Trying to stay optimistic!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment