Wednesday 30 May 2012

Slept in a chair last night and had a great rest.  Bill came down this morning and it was kind of cute.  He's checking me out to see how I look, I'm checking him out to see how he looks.  I know when I start my hacking and coughing at night I am disturbing his rest as well as my own.  We both actually looked pretty darn good this morning.  Sleeping in a chair may be for me for the next little while.

Did some puttering around this morning.  I have become quite obsessed with clipping out recipes from newspapers and magazines.  My friend Connie told me when her son was going through his period of ill health where eating was an issue he became obsessed with the food channel!  For me it's recipes.  I've become a clipping fiend so decided this morning if I'm going to adopt this obsession I better get the clippings semi organized.

Had Bill phone the surgeon's office today.  I want him to know how badly I am suffering from this reflux thing.  Bill was talking to the nurse and told her I had come home yesterday and eaten a scrambled egg. Well, the general consensus seems to be, from many of you, from my doctor and from myself that a scrambled egg may not have been the wisest food choice as the first real food my tummy has had in two months.  The fact that Bill decided to jazz it up with a little cheese probably didn't help and although I thought it at the time, I ate it anyways.  Have already decided that once I get the go ahead to eat it's going to be bananas, apple sauce, yogurt........I don't think I will every eat scrambled eggs again.  I'm still experiencing the after taste today and believe me....two day old egg is pretty darn disgusting!  Have not taken anything by mouth today but have taken to chomping on ice chips and then spitting out the water to freshen up my disgusting mouth!

Still, despite this ongoing issue the day was good.  Met my friend Maureen for pedicures.  Both of us came out supporting bubblegum pink toes with "designs".  There's something about a pedicure that puts a bounce back into your step!  Mine were pretty beaten up and each time the little Vietnamese gals chattered away to each other in their native tongue I was positive they were making comments on the state of my feet.  Shades of the hospital when I was actively hallucinating I'm sure, but you do wonder what they are saying.  Sometimes I wish I spoke Vietnamese so I could eves drop!

Hope to hear back from the doctor tomorrow.  He had not received the report from my test yet but said he would call as soon as it came.  Hope to hear back from him before the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment